Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to update Xperia Arc S to ICS

SOLVED
Ishita1
Visitor

Unable to update Xperia Arc S to ICS

Hi, I am unable to update my Xperia Arc S to the latest ICS update available.

As per the SI list i checked, my Phone should get an update.

SI - 1253-9246

It has Android version as 2.3.4 & when I run PC companion , it says that Your phone has the latest updated Software.

Please guide me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArcSBlack
Visitor

try a different usb port on your pc

also try this

uninstall both PCC and SUS > restart your PC > install SUS > restart your PC > turn off your firewall and antivirus

turn off your phone > press and hold the volume down buttoh THEN connect the usb cable > the LED should turn green, keep holding it as your PC will download the drivers > once is done

run SUS and try again

This is from a supermoderator, uliwooly! Try this as well!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ArcSBlack
Visitor

If your PC companion does not let you have the update, try it with SUS:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Install the programme on your PC and then follow the instructions prompted on yor screen.. Keep us updated!  Slightly_smiling_Face

Ishita1
Visitor

Thanks ArcSBlack. I will try the same and let you know if i was successfull or not.

ArcSBlack
Visitor

Ok!

Ishita1
Visitor

hi ArcSBlack,

i ran the service...but at one step i am told to "Press and hold back key while plugging in the micro USB into the phone". i did this & kept on holding the back key for a good 20-30 mins...but no change . how long should i keep on holding the back key ? i do not think that this is working Slightly_frowning_Face

ArcSBlack
Visitor

You phone is turned off, right?

Ishita1
Visitor

Yes, That is correct.

Ishita1
Visitor

There is a Green light at the top right corner as well !!

ArcSBlack
Visitor

try a different usb port on your pc

also try this

uninstall both PCC and SUS > restart your PC > install SUS > restart your PC > turn off your firewall and antivirus

turn off your phone > press and hold the volume down buttoh THEN connect the usb cable > the LED should turn green, keep holding it as your PC will download the drivers > once is done

run SUS and try again

This is from a supermoderator, uliwooly! Try this as well!

Ishita1
Visitor

Thanks a ton ArcSBlack Slightly_smiling_Face My Xperia phone was successfully updated to ICS 4.0.4 Slightly_smiling_Face