Join now - be part of our community!

What is Total Ram of Sony Xperia S???

SOLVED
mandeep148
Visitor

What is Total Ram of Sony Xperia S???

Now my upgrading my phone Sony Xpeira P to Sony xperia S...

Sony xperia P has 1gb for use it is 800mb Ram,250mb used more than 600mb free in ics...

my friend has xperia S, in his handset,Ram is showing near about Total 650mb Ram..In which 350mb Ram is about using and 300mb free of that..

So, is that true that Xperia S has less Ram than Xperia P???...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PVV
Visitor

Xperia S does have a 1gb of RAM, but since it also has different hardware than Xperia P it has different memory allocation. I believe it has less available RAM beacuse much of it is used by GPU (Adreno 220 if I am not mistaken). So the RAM on both devices is the same in technical specs but you will really have less on Xperia S. There is a chance that memory allocation on Xperia S will be optimized, but I wouldn't count much on it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mandeep148
Visitor

Please rply, its urgent...

PVV
Visitor

Xperia S does have a 1gb of RAM, but since it also has different hardware than Xperia P it has different memory allocation. I believe it has less available RAM beacuse much of it is used by GPU (Adreno 220 if I am not mistaken). So the RAM on both devices is the same in technical specs but you will really have less on Xperia S. There is a chance that memory allocation on Xperia S will be optimized, but I wouldn't count much on it.

mandeep148
Visitor

please answer these questions its urgent please...

should i stay on xperia P??

i also heared that xperia S has yellow tint problem is that true? is this has all xperia S handset?

Is xperia S camera is good?

i heared that it has low light, poor images,focus problem on it???

PVV
Visitor

Well, I cant suggest much, its up to you to decide after you check all pros and cons. If it wont cost you additional money you probably should go for Xperia S, otherwise its better to look at newer Sony Xperias V or T. Or try another brand.

You shouldn't worry much about yellow tint problem it was a serious problem only in first shipments of Xperia S (you should check the production week under its back cover, look for 12Wxx sign, there "xx" is a week of production, after week 16th its pretty safe to purchase). However you should still notice some little yellow shade on display in general, cause compared to Xperia P - Xperia S doesn't have "White magic" display technology and its white is not as good as on Xperia P.

The camera on Xperia S is a major problem for me, I dont know the quality of camera on Xperia P, but Xperia S has a really bad one. The low light poor images and focus problems you heard of are all true, Sony has made a complete failure in that department.

luis_DR
Visitor

It's true all about the camera problems focusing and very poor images, blurry and noisy pictures, especially in low-light conditions. It's like it has the exmore sensor for nothing.! I'm trying to sell mine, im still looking for someone who doesn't know nothing about these issues with camera.

ashqmallik_gmai
Visitor

http://developer.sonymobile.com/2012/03/30/learn-about-the-technical-differences-between-gingerbread...

The above article discussed about the differences betweent ICS and GB, hope it can help you about the RAM usage as it did gave me some help on the matter =). Btw, ICS atleast takes upto 350MB of RAM.

mandeep148
Visitor

Thanx guys very very much...Because u all guys alert me to waisting money on xperia S...

i think i should stay on xperia P..I know the xperia P has good camera..Very good quality...

Acually My XPERIa p was in DOA at service centre, I was getting new one box sealed...And dealer was said that u can go for Xperia S by giving more little money,So, thats why i was decidie to xperia S..

Thanx guys for helping lot.......

toniobr
Visitor

Samsung S2 & S3 have 1 GByte RAM but the memory avaible is about 800MByte.

Sony Xperia S have 1 GByte RAM but the memory avaible is about 600MByte.

Samsung have GPU also! Mali 400MP.

Whera are the other 200Mbyte? Angry_Face