Join now - be part of our community!

X10 Phone wont start

SOLVED
Not applicable

X10 Phone wont start

Got my X10 yesterday on a Monthly contract with Orange. Started PAC porting process due to complete on Weds. Since then phone wont turn on. Is this a reason.

I had been downloading phone update by USB but it failed. Once disconnected phone the problem began.

Battery should be fully charged. When I push power button red light flashes..

Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

Ok just to make sure I would remove the battery for a minute or so and then put it back in.

I would then say try re running the update or repair but via Sony Ericsson Update Service (available from the support section of their website), that way the phone doesn't have to be able to do anything other than you plug it in and hold down the back button.

If it says you are up to date, then select the repair option.  You may lose some data including contacts, but hopefully (!?) you have them synced or backed up to the SD card or even still available on your old phone.  Any apps can be reinstalled.  This should reinstall all the phone software and repair the bit that has gone wrong.

Again, let us know how it goes.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
suze
Leader

Was the phone fully charged before you started the download?  Because the red flashing Led is normally low battery warning.  It does recommend that you have at least 50% charge. 

Were you doing the update via PCCompanion or Sony Ericsson Update SErvice?

I suggest you stick your phone on charge until the green light comes on and then try doing the update again. 

The PAC change I wouldn't have thought would have bricked the phone.

Tell us how you get on with a recharge and reinstall of the update, that will at least have narrowed a few things down.

Not applicable

The phone was half charging at the time. Download was by PC Companion.

When I connect charger it only stays green light a few seconds then dies - is the battery or charger faulty??

Phone was fine until I started download. I had also been trying to upload files to memory card - maybe a corrupt file??

suze
Leader

Ok just to make sure I would remove the battery for a minute or so and then put it back in.

I would then say try re running the update or repair but via Sony Ericsson Update Service (available from the support section of their website), that way the phone doesn't have to be able to do anything other than you plug it in and hold down the back button.

If it says you are up to date, then select the repair option.  You may lose some data including contacts, but hopefully (!?) you have them synced or backed up to the SD card or even still available on your old phone.  Any apps can be reinstalled.  This should reinstall all the phone software and repair the bit that has gone wrong.

Again, let us know how it goes.

Not applicable

There is a slim possibility that the USB cable has suddenly deteriorated. You might want to change that and see if it helps. Of all my years tearing apart and assembling computers, there was only once I had a problem with the USB cable, it is so uncommon that I was still pretty adamant it wasn't the issue.

Not applicable

Have updated via website & seems to have got it running again. Couldnt see the repair option though.

How do I go about reinstalling PC Companion??

Thanks for your help

Slightly_smiling_Face

suze
Leader

Yay for you!!! Glad you are sorted.  Think it only gives you the Repair option if your software is up to date, as yours wasnt it just gave you the latest version.

I assume you want PC Companion back on your PC? Just download from Sony Ericsson Support section direct onto your PC (you don't have to load it from your phone) plus once you have it on your PC you will probably want to install the various sections of it and you need internet connection for that. Media Go and File Manager are the prime ones.

Not applicable

To supplement Suze's message... Here's the PC Companion download link