Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Go USB Cover getting loose

SOLVED
AliciaLy
Visitor

Xperia Go USB Cover getting loose

Hi, I just want to ask if the water resistant capabilities of this phone will be affacted when USB cover is getting looser and looser. When I first bought this phone, the USB cover is kinda hard to be removed. However, after two months of use, the cover is getting much looser. I wonder if it will affect the device water resistant capability. Will this device be able to resist water in the condition where a IP67 device should be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Petter
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

That the cover loosens up a bit isn't for sure something that is wrong, that will happened when removing and mounting the cover more and more.

If you're worried though that the cover is too loose I'd recommend you to hand your phone in for a check at one of our authorized service shops.

To get info of how to easiest hand your phone in please contact your local Sony Mobile support. You can find contact info on the link below.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kenw
Visitor

Mine started like that being loose then the broke off, tried to return but not covered by warranty. Now does fit but it is a loose part got to be careful not actually loose it. I'm fairly sure it's water tight when in place but if I loose it complete the phone will not be water proof,. A flimsy design fault I think but Sony service centre do not agree.

Petter
Enthusiast

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

That the cover loosens up a bit isn't for sure something that is wrong, that will happened when removing and mounting the cover more and more.

If you're worried though that the cover is too loose I'd recommend you to hand your phone in for a check at one of our authorized service shops.

To get info of how to easiest hand your phone in please contact your local Sony Mobile support. You can find contact info on the link below.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/support/contact-us/