Join now - be part of our community!

Messaging app is very very slow :( sometimes receiving calls also slow :(

SOLVED
Adi
Visitor

Messaging app is very very slow :( sometimes receiving calls also slow :(

I don't understand why sony made messaging app very very slow!!!

Running ICS 6.1.1.B.1.10 build[India]. Every other apps works fine. But "Messaging" is very slow Slightly_frowning_Face it takes lot of time to open a single message.

I have done the repair through SUS, also cleared all the previous messages. Removed the built-in bloatwares/apps. There is enough RAM memory available always, but even then "messaging" app at any time takes more than 10 sec to open, some times takes more than 30sec or will not open at first attempt!!!

Some times answering phone calls is also difficult, even after receiving call - timer is not visible, ringer stops-starts-stops. By the time everything is normal, timer suddenly comes and it shows more than 10secs, that means call is answered 10 sec ago!!! and I miss the call Slightly_frowning_Face

All other apps working with no issue and smooth.

Is there any solution for this? Any one having this problem?

Is there a messaging app that we can replace it with default com.sonyericsson.messaging? like we have 'dialers'....

Mine is rooted and V6 supercharged with RC12 [512HP]. Also, tried many lcunchers[Nova, Holo, Apex, etc] but no luck Slightly_frowning_Face

Somebody please help me with this!!!

Thanks in advance,

Adi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
14 REPLIES 14
Heresy
Visitor

I have the same issue on ansering call.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/57712?start=0&tstart=0

6.1.1.B.1.54 is a little better, but not totally solve this problem.

The best way now is rollback to Android 2.3.7 orz

Adi
Visitor

I saw your thread,did you roll back to GB?

I have done everything I can to solve this, but no luck Slightly_frowning_Face

Main problem is with "messaging" app, its very very slow... Sony made the baisc features a 'pain' to use ....

Heresy
Visitor

No, not yet...

I am trying to use 6.1.1.C.1.0, and waiting for 6.1.1.B.1.75...

Adi
Visitor

Hi All,

is there any way I can replace existing Sony messaging app with the stock messaging app?

In all sony xperia phones there is "Conversations.apk" which is used for SMS/MMS. I tried several MMS.apk from xda-developer forum, but, none of them worked Slightly_frowning_Face

Anyone here know about this?

Please help.

Thanks,

Adi

Adi
Visitor

Guys!!!!

Any substitute for Sony's default messaging crapp??

I tried many apk's from xda-developer, none of them worked Slightly_frowning_Face

Something is really wrong with Sony's implementation of messaging app[Conversations.apk]. On disabling messaging app, phone is very smooth and no lag!!!

Please let me know if there is any solution for this...

Thanks,

Adi

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you have a lot of sms/mms the app will slow down

Adi
Visitor

I have mentioned begining itself that i cleared everything !!!

I have reinstalled ics thru SUS !!

now there are hardly around 30 sms in my phone n no mms . even then messaging app is very very very slow 😞

please tell me is ther any way I can disable sony's default messaging app and use some other external messaging app.

In GB ther was no problem with messaging !!!

Adi
Visitor

No solution for this ??

Sony?? why did you alter the deafult android messaging app[MMS.apk] to this crapp[Conversations.apk]?  Most the modified packages by sony is making the phone very slow...

can't believe this bUg phone has a dual core!!! Angry_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

yes you can

settings > apps > all