Expert

Xperia Mini Pro SK17i/a 2.3.4 update 4.0.2.A.0.62

Xperia Mini Pro SK17i/a 2.3.4 update 4.0.2.A.0.62

Special Thanx to the XDA Forum and yet again Jozinek

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1439298

30 REPLIES 30
w_simmons
Visitor

In Hungary t-mobile mini pro isn't yet ice cream sandwich, only gingerbread!!!!!!!! Why?????

SI numer: 1249-4773

rob721
Visitor

Same issue here in Belgium. Xperia Mini Pro 1249-0758

Come on Sony, you started with the ICS updates on June 6 2012. In the meantime it is September 28, close to 4 months later, and the update is still not available for this SKU

Fazr
Visitor

I have the same question - why my SI (1249-4756) is in ICS update list but SW version is still 4.0.2.A.0.62 (Android 2.3.4) which I got back in February (right after purchase)?

Does it mean that my SI will get update soon or you just added all SI's to list not depending on available SW version?

snowman
Visitor

i'm in belgium too, what provider are you using? i was on mobistar and i flashed the firmware to generic sony ericsson because mobistar were just not releasing anything, i didn't even get any GB updates with them, since i flashed it last year i have had every single GB and ICS update when it is available (through pc companion)

rob721
Visitor

It's my wifes phone and its on Telenet. But the phone was not supplied by Telenet, it was bought contract free from coolblue.be so the update should not depend on any provider...

I did consider flashing it to a generic image, or even CM, but my wife would not be happy if she lost data or if the phone was having problems, so I would prefer updating it with an official update.

It did get the update to 2.3.4 pushed earlier this year, and it got it OTA, so there was no need for the PC companion rubish.

jeanconte
Visitor

Here in Brazil, my Xperia mini pro SK17i SI 1249-4852.12 EN, still on 2.3.4!

PC Companion says is has not new updates.

vaan
Visitor

Here in Netherlands, my Xperia mini pro SK17i SI 1249-0757, still on 2.3.4!

PC Companion says is has not new updates.

I bought about 6 months ago.

Seller said it would be upgrated soon, but I am still waiting.

Looks that Sony does not want me as a future buyer of them anymore.

I regret I bought a Sony.

My next phone will certainly not be a Sony one.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I've seen a lot of users in Brazil complaining about it, and it seems that the carriers are not approving or are not going to release the udpate.

vaan
Visitor

My phone is simlockfree.

In my case it is just Sony who is having a lousy service.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

in some countries carriers control the updates for even unlocked/SIM free phones, an example is Telcel Mexico