Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Neo V Wi-Fi drops connection and reconnect

SOLVED
Not applicable

Xperia Neo V Wi-Fi drops connection and reconnect

I recently bought my new xperia phone Neo V and i have a problem. I can connect to internet through Wi-Fi but sometimes ( once a day or once every 2 days) when I am online the mobile drops the connection and reconnect by it self. I searched the internet for a solution and I changed the Wi-Fi channel to 11 and use wpa2 security only but the problem persist. I have this phone for about 3 weeks and the problem wasn't appeared before the latest update that the update center informed me to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slimshaddy
Hero

at 100rabh - well it can be a firmware problem like in xperia arc...

to djpar - if you use any task killer or battery saver uninstall it...

if you dont have them , then wait for an update to fix that bug... its a bug and is common in xperia arc..

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable

i bet ur using a juice defender or a task killer     

slimshaddy
Hero

at 100rabh - well it can be a firmware problem like in xperia arc...

to djpar - if you use any task killer or battery saver uninstall it...

if you dont have them , then wait for an update to fix that bug... its a bug and is common in xperia arc..

Not applicable

actually i was having the same problem .. until i uninstalled my juice defender .. so was kind of sure on this :smileygrin: Dizzy_Face

Not applicable

I don't use task killer or battery saver or any of this things.I connected my phone to pc and through pc companion select repeair because I updated to the latest update through WiFi and I afraid if this wa the problem...I will see and tell if the problem will persist after few days

slimshaddy
Hero

ok Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

The problem persist...waiting for ICS I think

maRRRco
Visitor

The problem is the same of xperia Arc, because the firmware is the same and probably the wifi radio too. In the discussion of xperia Arc emerge many things, probably a bad stability in the wifi radio of the phone, or an incompatibility between router and phone, lack of stability etc

I have the same problem, sometimes it drops without reason, moreover when you are downloading a huge file, 500 mb or so. Other times when you are browsing the web, the icon dissapear and then reappear or it stay locked but you have not connectivity and the loading of a page stops and restart after few seconds.

Like i said in the arc discussion, my 4 years old nokia 5800 never disconnected with same router and configuration, the Neo does it.

I hope ICS will improve stability, but is inacceptable a thing like this from a brand like Sony

slimshaddy
Hero

same problem here , if i ever open any browser , it disconnects , theres not much problem with in=-built applications..

its the browser when it connects and disconnectes...

Not applicable

I updated my modem firmware but the problem still exist,we have no choice but to wait for xperia update