annuleren
Resultaten voor 
Zoek in plaats daarvan naar 
Bedoelde u: 

Word nu lid en maak deel uit van onze community!

Replace harddisk in Vaio VGN-N31M

2limbo
Bezoeker

Replace harddisk in Vaio VGN-N31M

Hello,
I am a very satisfied Vaio user but I need some help now. My Vaio notebook has a built-in 120Gb hd. Because I use mine a lot for video applications the space on my harddisk is running low. I want to replace it with an 200Gb or bigger harddisk. Does anyone know which hd is a good one but most of all how to remove the "old" one and replace it with a bigger ons.

Thanks a lot for all help.
2limbo
The Netherlands

17 ANTWOORDEN 17
littlebucko
Bezoeker

as long as it is a laptop hard drive it will fit ( maxster or a very reliable make )
to remove the old one you should have a panel on the base of your computer
that is around 1/3 the width across the laptop if you unscrew this then unscrew the
hard drive caddy it will then pull out

(((if you do not have a panel on the base you will need to take off the base but most will have a panel)))

2limbo
Bezoeker

Thanks for your answer. My Vaio indeed has a panel. I opened it and it just gives access to the memoy banks. I am afraid that I need to disassemble the entire back of my Vaio in order to access the drive. My former laptop (Toshiba) had a seperate panel to acess the harddisk so it was easy to replace it. At this moment I do not know how to disassemble this Viao without doing damage to it.
If you know how to do this, I am open to all help.

Regards,
2limbo

littlebucko
Bezoeker

:four_leaf_clover: the first thing i must say is doing this WILL void your guarantee
(i will tell you away that should NOT void it but if you make a mistake you WILL)

if this is not a problem then follow these steps below

1.unplug ANY power wall plug/battery
2.unscrew then memory module slot
3.if any screws are in the memory module flap unscrew them to
(making sure you keep all together you can leave your memory chips in)
4.unscrew all surrounding screws on the base
5.the base should now pull away (be very gentle as this model is a business model
there for has thinner plastic mine is made from carbon fiber)
6.you should now see all the chips inside your laptop including your hard drive
do not touch anything apart from the hard drive as you might damage the chips
7.using a small screw driver slowly unscrew the hard drive caddy (the cage around the hard drive)
8.gently pull the caddy to the side away from the connector (may be tight and might also click)
9.now unscrew the side screws to release the hard drive

after all of that you are done just repeat this process in reverse to put every thing back

(please not the way i have told you if you do it correctly should NOT void guarantee as i do this in college for people if it is put back correctly Sony will not notice the change). :four_leaf_clover:

if you need anymore help email me or write back
email me with any questions i will respond as soon as i can usually the same day
if not on my email the on my bebo
(sonyvaio666) type into google i should be the first one
if not then this is the link
my bebo page for help

2limbo
Bezoeker

Great and many thanks for all the information. Will try this (very carefully).

:smileygrin: :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

littlebucko
Bezoeker

its ok anytime let me no if you have any problems

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You may find the attached N-Series Manual usefull!!

littlebucko
Bezoeker

blencogo 2limbo is trying not to void the guarantee there for as a technician i have given them the easy and quick way to get to the hard drive thankyou for uploading the manual anyway

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I am just making sure 2limbo receives the CORRECT information for his particular model. I am unclear how your method avoids voiding the guarantee.

After all, he may wish to load Windows Thunderbird on the new disc!

:cool:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Kampioen

Hi 2limbo,

The safest way to replace your N series hard drive is by following the instructions in the Guide that Blencogo supplied..

Also note that it would be advisable to use an anti static strap.. :wink: