Join now - be part of our community!

Flash gun on an alpha 99

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
chainsawpete
Explorer

Flash gun on an alpha 99

I was just wondering why it was deemed necessary to change the flash hot shoe on an alpha 99 , so I can no longer use my 42 and 56 flashguns directly , but now require an adapter to go between 2 sony products . As far as I can tell , there were no adverse reactions when I used them on my other dslr's ( I have an alpha 200 for use when I'm up a fell in the rain , a 700 which I like for low light , a 350 for the car , and a 900 which I use for landscapes and portraits ) . Surely it would be better to have continuity in something as important as a hot shoe , or am I just a gnu ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I see your point and I partially agree with you.

But there were more people nagging about the "Minolta hotshoe" and incompatibilities with various triggers etc., that Sony was somewhat "forced" by reviewers and camera communities to change the hotshoe.

Except for people like you and me who already own Minolta-hotshoe-flashes, people are applauding for the change...

Continuity will be guaranteed from now on I guess, they made is modern enough to fill our needs for decades to come... :wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

I see your point and I partially agree with you.

But there were more people nagging about the "Minolta hotshoe" and incompatibilities with various triggers etc., that Sony was somewhat "forced" by reviewers and camera communities to change the hotshoe.

Except for people like you and me who already own Minolta-hotshoe-flashes, people are applauding for the change...

Continuity will be guaranteed from now on I guess, they made is modern enough to fill our needs for decades to come... :wink: