Join now - be part of our community!

how do i view hd video on my hd tv from camera model dsc-h400?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
markrw1972
Explorer

how do i view hd video on my hd tv from camera model dsc-h400?

we recently purchased the above camera. it can record video at 720p hd. there is no hdmi out though. i have looked at the help guide online and it only mentions connecting to a sd tv to watch video. there surely must be a way to watch the hd video otherwise whats the point in recording in hd.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a quick look into this.  Simply put, you cannot view HD video from this camera directly to a TV.  You can connect a cable from the camera to the TV to view photos (in SD quality) only.

After a little thinking, its no guarrantee to work, however for the cheap price it wouldn't hurt to try.  You could try a SD card to USB - just make sure its a single slot one, as the TVs generally dont like usb readers/hubs.  Such as this one on Amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-Secure-Digital-Single-Reader/dp/B0047T6XWY/

Alternatively, its the case of transferring the video to a PC and then either transferring it to USB or using a HDMI cable from PC to TV (if this makes sense) - which is more than likely going to be the solution I think.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have had a quick look into this.  Simply put, you cannot view HD video from this camera directly to a TV.  You can connect a cable from the camera to the TV to view photos (in SD quality) only.

After a little thinking, its no guarrantee to work, however for the cheap price it wouldn't hurt to try.  You could try a SD card to USB - just make sure its a single slot one, as the TVs generally dont like usb readers/hubs.  Such as this one on Amazon : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-Secure-Digital-Single-Reader/dp/B0047T6XWY/

Alternatively, its the case of transferring the video to a PC and then either transferring it to USB or using a HDMI cable from PC to TV (if this makes sense) - which is more than likely going to be the solution I think.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
markrw1972
Explorer

thank you for your help.

i must say its quite shocking that they would make a camera that films hd and then not provide a way to watch the hd video. or at least provide information on how to view it like you have here in the instruction booklet. if we had known we would have bought a different camera. i will have a look at the link.

one thing i forgot, can the camera  connect directly to the tv via its usb cable?