Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

Disk repair won't work (SVR-HDT500)

GELÖST
profile.country.en_GB.title
WishThingsWouldWork
Besucher

Disk repair won't work (SVR-HDT500)

While deleting a program our HDT500 Sony PVR crashed. When it was turned back on the title list was empty and it said there was a disk error.

It suggested that we try disk repair or format disk.

When I found those options clicking on disk repair did nothing and clicking on disk information crashed the box.

When I say did nothing, I mean that the button did not seem to work. No new menus or alerts were displayed and I was able to move to other menu options straight away.

We really don't want to click format disk as there are a lot of programmes recorded that we've really been looking forward to watching over Christmas.

Message was edited by: WishThingsWouldWork

Tags (2)
1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

Hi there

I don't really understand "use another SD Card" - I am assuming that its the HDD that you are having the issue with.  Unfortunately I dont have a resolution for you.  You could try formatting the HDD (you will loose all recordings though).  Also as a previous person said, a temp fix was the reset button on the front.

If the HDT500 is totally dead, you will need to take it to an authorised Sony repair center (however the costs may be uneconomical)

Cheers

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 ANTWORTEN 8
padawso
Neues Mitglied

Same thing happened to me! Am still trying to sort it out - it keeps 'sticking' on different screens when I try to look at the title list. I hads to delete some recorded programmes as they came up as 'invalid file' and were inaccessible.  I even tried the reset button but no joy there either.  Let me know if you get an answer.....:smileyangry:

ketalbo31
Besucher

We have a similar issue.

Our HDT500 is just over a year old. Worked fine until two months ago when the Recorder started to freeze whilst searching the Title list

We found the only solution would be to press the reset button on the front of the machine this seemed to cure the problem for the next week or so but the problem started to re occur with more frequency.

At that time the disk was running at approximately 45% capacity.

A few days ago, with the disk running at around 51% capacity we had the same error messages mentioned in the original post, i.e. indicating the title list was empty, recommending a disk repair / formatting.

If we try to record additional programmes using the EPG process we get a warning that the HDD is full.

Certain that the Disk cannot be full we have followed the Operating Instruction / Manual to view Disk Information screen accessed via Systems Menu>Other>Disk>Disk Information but cannot get past this option to ascertain what capacity remains on the disk

Have tried the same route to get to the Repair Disk option - but once again the option does not open up.

Judging by the number of posts on this site and others this seems to be a common problem

Surely Sony cannot continue to bury their heads in the sand if this is a basic fault with the equipment after all most of us have bought Sony on the strength of their reputation.

Whilst on the subject their own user guide and web site leave a lot to be desired when it comes to troubleshooting. It should not be left to Community Users to come up with the answers

tetherend
Neues Mitglied

Has there been a fix from Sony to this problem yet (It’s now August 2013)?  I’ve the same problem. Help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

Hi there

Your best bet is to contact Sony : Here

To my knowledge, Sony are not in the process of developing any software or firmware for these recorders.  (I have 1 myself by the way)

Cheers

boulton_c
Entdecker

This problem is identical word for word with mine! Difference is mine is 12 months later.

Was there any resolution from Sony?

I contacted Sony support who adviced me to use another SD

card. This is not the first time that they have shown to be completely inept!

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

Hi there

I don't really understand "use another SD Card" - I am assuming that its the HDD that you are having the issue with.  Unfortunately I dont have a resolution for you.  You could try formatting the HDD (you will loose all recordings though).  Also as a previous person said, a temp fix was the reset button on the front.

If the HDT500 is totally dead, you will need to take it to an authorised Sony repair center (however the costs may be uneconomical)

Cheers

55palfers
Neues Mitglied

I have a Sony svr-hdt1000. We've had it for about 5 years perhaps.

All of a sudden it is not showing the list of recorded programmes. The unit can see there is approx. 250 M of data on the disk but there is no listing.

It has the latest firmware and I have tried the "repair disk" option and the kill the power for 5 minutes trick. All to no avail.

My last option is to re-format the disk but Mrs P has many hours of stuff she has yet to watch recorded.

Any ideas please chaps?

lonestardavid
Entdecker

i had this problem i removed the existing 3.5" hard drive and replaced it with a 2.5" hard drive and formatted it and it works ok, i checked the original hard drive using my pc and it worked ok i do not understand how it worked it just did