Join now - be part of our community!

RT5 Update has broken my soundbar

DaneBC
New

RT5 Update has broken my soundbar

I did an update to my RT5 soundbar and its broken it.

The soundbar stops producing sound, after a while and becomes unresponsive, I can’t load up the settings sometimes the circle of dots comes up rotates a few times and then freezes or if it does load you can’t select most of the options and if it does let you go into a submenu the logos have the missing/broken picture image.

Anyone know how i can fix

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Assuming you can get into the menuz to do this, try resetting things back to default.

_20160609_215743.JPG

Cheers

Jo0125
New

Hi Quinnicus,

I have similar problem on my RT5. After update I can not use properly ( still I can sometimes if I plug in and out, but no remote control working to switch on or off) and I can not access 'set up' to reset. If I choose 'set up', it freeze then I need to plug out.

Can you help?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jo0125

Im going go escalate this to Sony Support to be honest.  I dont know another way to reset this soundbar, but if there is a problem with the update, they should know by now.  They should be in contact with you in the next day or two.  Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Jo0125
New

Hi Quinnicus

Thank you for your answer. I have contacted the support and waiting for their feedback.

I have resarched these problems on the internet and found a few similar one in Japan after update, but unfortunately problems was reported on community however there is no reply about solution.(same as here)

I hope Sony has realized the issue by now, but I assume sometiomes problems up to compatibility.. 

I am using the sound bar with Samsung tv, ps4, amazon fire stick and virgin media tivo.

Thanks