Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DA6400ES Firmware 1.065 DSP COM VER. ERROR after updating and CRASH the RECEIVER

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pettaw
Visitor

STR-DA6400ES Firmware 1.065 DSP COM VER. ERROR after updating and CRASH the RECEIVER

Hello,

I've followed the instructions very carefully and updated my receiver using the ES Utility and A64E_1065.zip which I downloaded from the Sony.co.uk website.

After letting the update complete it now shows DSP COM VER. ERROR and I have no sound at all.

Just warning you, don't update your receivers!

I'll come back to let you know what the outcome is but I'm sure its got to go back to Sony.

Message was edited by: pettaw

Message was edited by: pettaw

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.de_DE.title
schust666
Visitor

Konnte das Problem lösen mit der Datei A64U_1062zip der Receiver läuft wieder.

Ich hoffe die Datei 1.065 wird bald ausgetauscht!

Danke an alle!

profile.country.NL.title
SinSisu
New

Hi Everybody,

Unfortunately ive got the same situation. Following steps, 1.65. Slow blinking, fast blinking, no sound and DSP COM VER ERROR. In dispair I even tried the US 1.67 firmware but that doenst update neither.

If someone would please help me get the A64U_162zip and some direction in putting this right. I can still try that before being being left with no other choice than to ship my receiver for Sony support and not se it back for another few weeks.

Thnx 1001 in advance

profile.country.de_DE.title
schust666
Visitor

Hi,

Please sende me your E Mail Adress. Than I will send you A64U_1062.zip

Regards

profile.country.ru_RU.title
sershar
Visitor

found another document.
necessary utility EOS Utility 1.0.
You have a disk utility with this version? I can not find my disk.
there there is any more tools?

..... new year begins - nothing works ....
satellite receiver is turned on directly to the TV-in room.
Now the whole family here and there is a battle over what to watch.
in the other rooms did not work.
no sound! just ...
to excellent sound Dolby used to quickly ... and now the sound comes through the TV speakers.
10 days, no need to go to work ... What do I do !!!???
have to go meet the new year to my neighbor ... : (((

Message was edited by: -Cass-

I removed the respective attachment due to it being of a confidential nature.

profile.country.ru_RU.title
sershar
Visitor

See page 5.
need to ask for help from sony.
other options to restore the receiver I can not see.
need a cable rs232 and special firmware.

I removed the attachment as it was of a confidential nature.

John-Cobb
Visitor

Hi All,

Firstly allow me to apologise for the problems caused when you updated your firmware using A64E_1065, this was an error in the file and we are working on a new version to correct this.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to give an eta on the new software's availability, but if you take your Receiver to your local Sony Regional Authorised Service Centre, they will be able to recover it to a working state, albeit with an early version of European software. (Please note there may be limitations to some functions such as Shoutcast)

There will be no charge for this service.

You can locate your local Regional Authorised Repair Centre by entering your postcode here http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc and selecting List View, or by calling 0844 8466 555.

Kind Regards

John Cobb

Sony UK Techical Support

pettaw
Visitor

Hello all,

Just to give you an update on the  progress of my receiver. It has happened exactly as the above reply has  suggested. I took my receiver into my local Regional Repair Centre, but  it ended up going to Sony UK head office, who managed to re-flash it  back to a working state.

My advice is not to bother  ringing the 0844 number. I don't think its UK based and they don't have  any useful information other than where your local centre is, which is  easier to find on the website anyway. They can't trace progress of  repairs either because their systems don't recognise the incident report  numbers that are generated by the website. I tried to phone to see  where my receiver had got to after Sony UK had called me to tell me that  they had taken it 'in house' and had got it working and they started a  new case report. Useless.

Finally I must say many  thanks to Sony UK, who went the extra mile to fix my receiver and did a  great job of keeping me informed. Once my problem got escalated to the  UK team they really did pull out all the stops.

John-Cobb
Visitor

Hello All,

I am pleased to inform you that the new version of software is available to download and install from http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/STR-DA6400ES/downloads/FW_DA6400ES_1069 .  This will update to version 1.069.

If you experience any difficulty in carrying out the software update, please do not hesitate to contact Sony for assistance.

Please note, if you are still suffering the "DSP COMM VERSION ERROR", then you may experience difficulty installing this software.  In this case , please contact your nearest Regional Authorised Service Centre, who will be able to recover your unit and update to this new software.

Once again let me apologise on behalf of Sony for any inconvenience caused and hope this update will ensure the continued enjoyment of your Sony product.

Kind Regards

John Cobb

Sony UK Technical Support

pettaw
Visitor

Hello I'd like to give you an update on this.

I tried to update my unit as soon as I saw this post from John Cobb.

The firmware uploaded to the unit from the ES utility and the unit clicked off and the blue light started flashing as it should. Unfortunately after about 2 minutes the light stopped flashing and stayed lit constantly. I then left it like this for a full hour before deciding the update had failed completely.

I then turned the amplifier off and back on again. Luckily it came back on and I thought hurrah I can try again. Unfortunately it has corrupted the Network part of the firmware as when you access the specialized menu it says Netcom ver 0.00 so I can't even connect to it to try again.

I have taken the unit to my regional Sony Service Centre and they have said it needs new parts. They will advise when the new parts arrive.

pettaw
Visitor

Well my regional service centre have advised me that it needs a new LAN controller but that its not going to be available until second week in April.

What a desperate situation.

Its obvious you can't re-update it via the LAN port because that's now bricked but my question is why can't they update it via the RS-232 port?