Join now - be part of our community!

STR-DA6400ES Firmware 1.065 DSP COM VER. ERROR after updating and CRASH the RECEIVER

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pettaw
Visitor

STR-DA6400ES Firmware 1.065 DSP COM VER. ERROR after updating and CRASH the RECEIVER

Hello,

I've followed the instructions very carefully and updated my receiver using the ES Utility and A64E_1065.zip which I downloaded from the Sony.co.uk website.

After letting the update complete it now shows DSP COM VER. ERROR and I have no sound at all.

Just warning you, don't update your receivers!

I'll come back to let you know what the outcome is but I'm sure its got to go back to Sony.

Message was edited by: pettaw

Message was edited by: pettaw

20 REPLIES 20
macjuan
New

I recently ran into the same problem descibed in this discussion chain. I tried to update my DA6400ES with firmware to 1.069 version available at Sony's website http://www.sony.fi/support/fi/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/sony-strda6400es-firmware-update-v1069/str-d.... I managed to get the software image downloade (A64E_1069.zip) and started the update process as instructed. After the process was finished and the device had restarted the I get "DSP COM VER. ERROR". Now, I understand that my device is no longer under warranty but I actually expected the software update process to be such that in case of some internal error the process would be  automatically corrected. I was informed by local Sony service provider Infocare that they no longer have access to tools that would allow for reverting the software back to functioning state. As my device still connects to network and I can connect to it via ES-Utility the only problem I see here is that I can not get the device to the mode required by ES-Utility to start firmware update process. Is there anything that could be done for it or did I created a expensive boat anchor of it?