Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

Buy Samsung!

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Yep!  I bought Samsung as new TV. Hoping to find a way to play Shout through NAS box to CMT 750ni SOny

Millerinexile
Explorer

A workaround to vtuner not being available on CMT-G2BNiP network HiFi

Unfortunately this isn't a solution to the problem, but a work around that at least enables me to play internet radio on my Sony CMT-G2BNiP using the hifi as a network speaker

I purchased a Pure Internet radio and one of their network adapters, called a Jongo. The Jongo was only £20 on Amazon. I have connected this to my Sony CMT-G2BNiP though the line-in connectors and can now stream internet radio to my CMT-G2BNiP from Pure's app, Pure Connect, on my phone and Ipod. It will also let me stream my music from the 2 devices as well. I was quite surprised to find that I could also stream to my Sony network speaker which I bought at he same time as the hifi. So effectively I have got multi-room internet radio on 3 devices (Pure internet radio, Sony network hifi and Sony Network Speaker) from 1 app for just £20.

This doesn't put Sony in any better light, but at least my £400 CMT-G2BNiP now does more than collect dust.

Incidently, when this problem first occurred, I went back to the Sony shop I bought it from and got a very dumb look from the salesman - not sure if he'd been told to act dumb or just was. I then went into another Sony shop and was offered a "gesture of goodwill" - £100 off a replacement Sony Internet Hifi !!! I think the Sony gesture of good will should have been a resolution of the problem or my £400 back - needless to say I laughed him out of the shop and hope a few people who overheard followed me out the shop and went elsewhere to buy what they were after. Will never buy another Sony product ever again.

profile.country.en_GB.title
aja007

It's disgusting how Sony have treated us (their customers) on this matter! I too will NEVER buy Sony again!

Also, I have made sure to tell all my friends about how they have treated us.

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Pure have a fantastic customer service and are more than happy to help anyone with technical info on streaming. Good product. They helped me get my Internet clock radio through tie server

Sent from Samsung tablet
yatseck
Explorer

Fritzbox wireless router has media server function. You can use it to add Internet radio stations. See "Web Radio" section on the manufacturer's (AVM) web site: https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-7390/knowledge-base/publication/show/274_Setting-up-FRIT...