Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
sail7488
Explorer

Same problem here [june july 2015]

Had the same problem in 2014 Itried all kind of reset af device and network but was not able to solve.

Then, without doing nothing after two months, the vtuner / music services was on again.

I guess it is a server side problem either from sony or vtuner.

profile.country.GB.title
ribrigg29

Well I sent yet another email to Sony, this time to Sony Japan outlining that I am really unhappy about the situation, and that I consider the receiver not fit for purpose, because of the fact that V tuner was an included service, and advertised as a feature, plus the dedicated button for music service, which no longer does anything!

I got a phone call from Sony UK to try and explain and placate me, the fella I talked to could not provide any sensible answers to any of my questions, especially when pressed about what happens if the V tuner services could not be resumed, he was adamant that they would not consider a refund/replacement, but I said I would be pursuing the matter with UK Trading Standards in any case.

He seemed to say that the outcome was still very much in the air, I suspect its a licensing issue between Sony and V tuner, despite what they say, IE its down to V tuner and not Sony, but i suspect it may not get resolved at all.

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Mine has been off for the last month - again! Beyond a joke now, and Sony will still not admit any failings or offer a resolution. DISGUSTING SERVICE.

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Mine went tips up last year too but came back on line about 12 weeks later.  Here we are again and my vTuner has been missing since the middle of May.  Wh don't they just pay the bl*ody bill?  Have sent a nasty email but its water off a duck's back I'm afraid.  the best thing we can do is to convince the world to stop buying sony products.I find that when the pocket is hit the chain of command seems to expidite things wonderfully well.  this is what I sent to Soney.

"

For some weeks now the vTuner has been unavailable on My CMT-MX750i Hi Fi. As this is the ONLY feature I use on this apparatus, the curtailment of internet radio service has rendered my player USELESS!!

I hope one of two things happens

1. You restore the service or replace with one as good
2. An irate customer with more savvy than an old lady like me takes you to court under the trades description act in the UK

In the meantime, several other of my sony appliances - TV's Laptops, Digital camera etc., are coming to the end of their technical life. I will be replacing with products from other companies. Samsung and Panasonic are at the top of my list and i will be actively canvassing my wide group of internet contacts to do the same.

get it sorted Sony - you were great once, but ANY company is ONLY as great as its last performance."

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Mine went tips up last year too but came back on line about 12 weeks later.  Here we are again and my vTuner has been missing since the middle of May.  Wh don't they just pay the bl*ody bill?  Have sent a nasty email but its water off a duck's back I'm afraid.  the best thing we can do is to convince the world to stop buying sony products.I find that when the pocket is hit the chain of command seems to expidite things wonderfully well.  this is what I sent to Soney.

"

For some weeks now the vTuner has been unavailable on My CMT-MX750i Hi Fi. As this is the ONLY feature I use on this apparatus, the curtailment of internet radio service has rendered my player USELESS!!

I hope one of two things happens

1. You restore the service or replace with one as good
2. An irate customer with more savvy than an old lady like me takes you to court under the trades description act in the UK

In the meantime, several other of my sony appliances - TV's Laptops, Digital camera etc., are coming to the end of their technical life. I will be replacing with products from other companies. Samsung and Panasonic are at the top of my list and i will be actively canvassing my wide group of internet contacts to do the same.

get it sorted Sony - you were great once, but ANY company is ONLY as great as its last performance."

Bolter1
Explorer

I have a CMT-MX750Ni unit and Vtuner has not been available for the last 6 months. Everytime i try to use it, it says "Not Available" THIS IS TOTALLY unacceptable. Will never buy from Sony again. I've  heard all the excuses like it's  vtuners fault etc. I own pioneer and marantz equiptment both with vtuner and no problems there. The CMT-MX750Ni unit might as well be a door stop now.

This has even turned me off the new Android tvs from Sony, will have to look at the new LG oled instead.

GOOD BYE SONY.

stan2014

It's official, sony have said   'Up yours'   to their customers with the news that vtuner will not return.

profile.country.GB.title
jonmeado3
Explorer

My immediate response to this farcical statement from Sony today. My hope is that they begin to take this serious before the thousands of customers get together to form a lawsuit. Perhaps as I bought direct there may one more hope than some!

Order number 303229953 CMT-G2BNiP
Serial:6101706
Purchase date:02-12-2013

After your announcement today regarding the non return of the Varner service I am confirming in writing that Inwill be returning the device as it is no longer fit for purpose.

Your original sales text stated 'Get instant access to Internet Radio' and this is simply not true any longer. Without trying to lay blame as to whether it was vTuner or yourselves fault you have failed to provide your customers with a solution or a suitable alternative. To even get anywhere close to what was expected of this device I need the use of a second more capable and expensive device.

I'm a reasonable person and still, although somewhat tentatively balanced at the moment, fan of Sony, although that may yet change dependent on the response to this email. With that in mind I will accept not a straight refund but a balance matching what I paid for this device to be spent on your store. You may also make arrangements to have the device in question collected at you convienience.

Yours frustratedly

Jonathan Meadowcroft

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

My 750Ni is showing "this service is no longer available" so much for "help
desk" saying it would be back.

Disgusting service from Sony
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally closing this thread - not the desired answer, but is the answer.

_20151009_194233.JPG

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-hn/prd-tvhc/vTuner-suspended