Join now - be part of our community!

All applications don't work.

SOLVED
A_Allworthy
Visitor

All applications don't work.

I was on chrome (mobile) when the calendar stopped working. I pressed ok and continued surfing the net. Soon after, about three more application stopped working. I the though oh s**t, I might have a virus. I had AVG mobile security downloaded to I clicked the app. It forced closed strait away so i try about 5 times and it kept closing. I shut down the phone, left if for a bit then turned it on agin. Every time i turn it on from now, loads of notifactions pop strait up saying a different app has stopped working. I not sure if the website i visted was dodgy because it was only a forum about my computer BOIS. I did search the web for simular issues but found nothing so i think i will have to bing it to a Sony centre.

Thanks for any help.

Alex.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael-J
Visitor

I would suggest a software repair on the phone, This can be done via the PC Companion or the Update Service programs

What do you think about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
A_Allworthy
Visitor

I have left my phone off for about an hour now so i tried to turn it on again. It still pops up with all the application fails. I turned off and tried again and it booted in safe mode. I didn't know safe mode even existed but now at least I can call, text and e-mail. So as an adical question, If anyone knows how to turn on and off safe mode, can you tell me please. I would like to try and fix my initial problem and be able to get the phone to a lower working stat if it still doesn't work.

Thanks,

Alex

Michael-J
Visitor

I would suggest a software repair on the phone, This can be done via the PC Companion or the Update Service programs

A_Allworthy
Visitor

Thanks, I will try it tonight.

Michael-J
Visitor

No problem, let us know how it goes.

A_Allworthy
Visitor

Unfortunately it would not download to my computer and told me to manually download "Sony Update Engine". I downloaded the program but when I to run it, nothing happens. I will try it on another computer when I get the chance.

A_Allworthy
Visitor

Just managed to use service update program on another computer and now my phone works again. Thank you so much Michael for your help.

BTW, I tried to do that survey but it sent me to a broken link. I'm using Chrome if it makes a difference.