Join now - be part of our community!

ASK, about microSD Speed Class support.

SOLVED
Not applicable

ASK, about microSD Speed Class support.

Xperia Arc already include the class 2 8GB of microSD.

I want to ask can Xperia Arc support class 10 microSD card, is Xperia Arc will got improve for loading games and app that already move to SD card if use class 10 microSD card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus1
Leader

All classes are supported but you won't need a class 10 card in this phone.

The phone can't write or read data that fast that it requires a class 10 SD card. So I've been told. Slightly_smiling_Face I'm using a class 2 card 8GB and I have no problems at all.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Not applicable

Hi

My experiece is: it depends!

I have a 32GB MEMENTO Class 10 on my Arc and it does work quite well but the speed does not change extremely compared to the stock card. It is certainly faster but not incredibly faster....

But It does work for sure!

Not applicable

U mean not really need using the class10 microSD?

So waht recommend class ?

Is any SE-Answers can reply ?

Not applicable

I am using a Lexar 32GB Class 10 micro SD card in the Arc and it works fine. I have been using it for several months already.

In fact the X10 also seems to support a Class 10 micro SD card. I have also put in a Lexar 32GB card in the X10 and it also works fine.

The issue I feel is more to do with the phone itself. ie. can it read and write to the card fast enough.

In my opinion, there is not a big difference between a class 4 and 10 card. There is bigger difference between a class 2 and 10 card.

This is from my own experience as I have gone through class 2, 4 and 10 cards.

Not applicable

I think I will use the class10 microSD card.

Markus1
Leader

All classes are supported but you won't need a class 10 card in this phone.

The phone can't write or read data that fast that it requires a class 10 SD card. So I've been told. Slightly_smiling_Face I'm using a class 2 card 8GB and I have no problems at all.

Not applicable

Thank you ur reply, I thik I really no need use the class10 microSD,

but maybe will use class4 or class6 for litter speed improvement on loading data on microSD like photo, video and apps / games.

Not applicable

A class10 microSD card it is most likely overkill unless you are doing a lot of write/reads to your SD card for some particular reason. The only reason I've known to buy a faster SD card is for photography, when you want to be able to reduce the time it takes to write photos from the memory buffer to the SD card so you can take more pictures at a higher FPS. Otherwise isn't that necessary a class 10.

DjRoOt1
Visitor

how about recording 720p video ? it seems ok  with my stock 8gb card.. will i notice any improvement if i upgrade to class 6 or higher ?