Join now - be part of our community!

Battery drained to zero in a night

SOLVED
ChyeGinChung
Visitor

Battery drained to zero in a night

hey guys, i found that my Sony Xperia P always turn zero battery when i put it overnight without doing anything. what happen is it? sometime even 60% battery left and i wake up with zero battery. i hav did software repair 60% battery left and i wake up with zero battery. i hav did software repair many times already, what is going on?1356919611092.jpg1356919611417.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fanatic
Visitor

from the screen shots i am seeing that your android os is using much battery ie nearly 35% which is quite more(general is 7% to 15%). So i propose to switch off the phone and restart it again so that ram will be freed and do charge ur battery from 20% to 100%(full condtion rather than charging condition) at on go........

one more thing is that the network signal strength is very low.....so might be regular network access is causing more battery drain out.......

If you r not doing any internet stuffs then do switch off ur wifi.......:smileyhappy:

Again if at all u r keeping wifi on, please at least switch off your GPS ........during night time i dont think u will be needing GPS to be on.......:smileysilly:

hope it will help:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ChyeGinChung
Visitor

i did not install any battery or RAM manager... but i keep my mobile data on overnight

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it might be an app keeping your phone awake, repair your phone with SUS or PCC

is Sony spying on users in this forum?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/60197

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

UNRELATED topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
fanatic
Visitor

from the screen shots i am seeing that your android os is using much battery ie nearly 35% which is quite more(general is 7% to 15%). So i propose to switch off the phone and restart it again so that ram will be freed and do charge ur battery from 20% to 100%(full condtion rather than charging condition) at on go........

one more thing is that the network signal strength is very low.....so might be regular network access is causing more battery drain out.......

If you r not doing any internet stuffs then do switch off ur wifi.......:smileyhappy:

Again if at all u r keeping wifi on, please at least switch off your GPS ........during night time i dont think u will be needing GPS to be on.......:smileysilly:

hope it will help:smileyhappy:

harimaru
Visitor

My problem is:CIMG3934.JPGthis.

How and WHY uses the Android Os so much power: cpu total is 45m 46s,CIMG3936.JPG

Its not the 1st time i have this problem, i rly didnt used my phone (after charging it) since i was working (24h shift).

And somethimes when im at 20-25%(battery) if i turn on mobile data i get a battery dropdown in like 5seconds to o%(zero) and the phone switches off. Turning back i still got around 15%.

mooni
Visitor

I have the exact same problem! Have sometimes also a dropdown from 20% to 0%. And sometimes the phone works for hours on 1%. I have this problem since the last update!

Tried everything, reset and a new installation of the firmware!

Have also the camera issue.

Please Sony fix this fast as possible!

harimaru
Visitor

And now this Slightly_smiling_Face

I never had this problem before->

WP_000388.jpg

Pluged in for charge and it stucked at 11% for like hours, i did a reset/update with SUS, but something during the night kept my phone awake for like 5hours - constant (wifi off mobile data off sync off) just the alarm was on.

How to find out what app or what keeps the phone awake.

ryan515
Contributor

bring it to sony service center since reparing it didn't solve the issue. maybe there is hardware issue.