Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot edit Gmail drafts or select sending account in mail app (Xperia Mini ST15i running Gingerbread)

SOLVED
akdsouza
Visitor

Cannot edit Gmail drafts or select sending account in mail app (Xperia Mini ST15i running Gingerbread)

I recently setup the defaul mail app in my phone with my gmail account. I then synced the drafts inside Folders > Mailbox > [Gmail]/Drafts.

The drafts i had soon appeared but the problem now is that I can Open / Delete / Forward / Reply etc for a draft, but cannot edit it or send it even if the drafts have recipients when I had created them in Gmail via a desktop browser!!

Secondly, I have another mail account linked into my Gmail. On a desktop browser, in the mail compose view, I can select the email address (official/personal) I wish to reply from. The mail app however is devoid of this as well. Is this a problem with the Gingerbread version of the app?

Anyone else encountering these issue? Slightly_frowning_Face Any assistance is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

As I understand this is a limitation to the default E-mail application. Have you tried using the Gmail application instead?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
akdsouza
Visitor

Ok, i upgraded to ICS today and as much as i'd have hoped for; not being able to edit existing gmail drafts synced into the mail app is still an issue !

Johan
Master

As I understand this is a limitation to the default E-mail application. Have you tried using the Gmail application instead?

akdsouza
Visitor

Yes I did try the Gmail app, that doesn't have any such problem. I liked the default email app for its UI and also felt I could avoid the space overhead by having the gmail app while my fone ran gingerbread as it didn't come preinstalled. Seeing that now on ICS, Gmail app cant be removed, I've decided to stick with it.