Join now - be part of our community!

sensor touchscreen is not responding!!!!!

SOLVED
evgenydoc
Visitor

sensor touchscreen is not responding!!!!!

Good day!!! Help please! Ihave my Ray for 2 years! Recently I came home and recognized that sensor wasn't operating! I've tried to extract battery and put it back then restart the phone but nothing happened (I mean phone is on but sensor touchscreen wasn't working). I've made this procedure lot of times but in vain. Tell me what to do please. Conditions of phone usage: -13 outside aprox 70 humidity!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam
Legend
Legend

Please try running an update/repair as a first step to potentially resolving this:

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

and install it on your PC.

2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.

Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.

3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

4. Phone Software Update.

5. Start.

6. Repair Phone

7. Continue

8. Accept data removal

9. Next

10. Wait for prepare

11. Select Phone

12. Follow the connection steps

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sam
Legend
Legend

Please try running an update/repair as a first step to potentially resolving this:

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

and install it on your PC.

2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.

Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.

3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.

4. Phone Software Update.

5. Start.

6. Repair Phone

7. Continue

8. Accept data removal

9. Next

10. Wait for prepare

11. Select Phone

12. Follow the connection steps

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

evgenydoc
Visitor

Thank you! Will try this method!!