Join now - be part of our community!

Facebook albums won't sync with Xperia Gallery

SOLVED
damon666
Visitor

Facebook albums won't sync with Xperia Gallery

Can someone please help me. I have an Xperia Arc S & just recently all my facebook albums have disappeared from the Xperia Gallery. I have Facebook integration enabled & have checked 'Sync Albums in Gallery' in sync settings but  the only facebook album that syncs is 'New from friends'
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
damon666
Visitor

For all of you who searched the net for an actual answer to this problem...

It turns out that there was nothing wrong with my phone at all. All of my facebook albums re-appeared when my phone picked up a stronger wi-fi signal.

I had been staying with my brother who had a wi-fi modem that was four years old.  While I was there, I set-up his new modem & all of my albums downloaded as soon as I opened the Xperia Gallery. :smileygrin:

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

restart your phone, I don't recomend this, why? it will slow down your phone, as it will download all your albums, it will eat up your data plan.

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

damon666
Visitor

Restart my phone? Is that the best you can come up with? That's a pretty basic response. Do you not think I would have tried something so simple already??? Neutral_Face
Also, what is the point you're trying to make with the off the topic link?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I have NO idea what have you tried so it is a good suggestion.

regarding the off topic link, read it so you will understand what it's all about

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

damon666
Visitor

Your response is totally unhelpful uliwooly.  I would expect more from a "Super user".  Also I HAVE read the thread that you suggested but again it is of NO help to me & it is not easy to understand since the grammar is so terrible.
I can't believe that this is an official Sony forum,  What makes you an authority on these issues?  Are you a Sony employee?
I have removed facebook accounts from my phone & re-added them. I have even repaired using software update in pc suite then added facebook accounts back into phone & re-synced. Facebook albums still do not re-appear.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

good luck

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/1046#1046

1.  User spam - Repeated posting of the same or similar content across  multiple threads. This includes "advertising” or posting of you  dissatisfaction with a product, service or the support from our company.  Please always feel free to post new threads with any concerns you have,  but please keep the conversation in that thread.

2.  Personal attacks - Rude behavior is easily recognized, and will not be  tolerated. This includes to other members, moderators and employees of  Sony Ericsson.

3.  Foul language - Although foul language is made invisible by the  automated profanity filter, it is still not acceptable to post. Attempts  to circumvent the filter will be treated the same.

ArcSBlack
Visitor

Ban him for life.. Check for range-ban, dns etc.... We do not want our moderators/admins/super users bullied by guys like damon six six six.... The nick itself speaks for the type of person he is...

damon666
Visitor

For all of you who searched the net for an actual answer to this problem...

It turns out that there was nothing wrong with my phone at all. All of my facebook albums re-appeared when my phone picked up a stronger wi-fi signal.

I had been staying with my brother who had a wi-fi modem that was four years old.  While I was there, I set-up his new modem & all of my albums downloaded as soon as I opened the Xperia Gallery. :smileygrin:

ArcSBlack
Visitor

Now that your thread is redundant, you can delete it!!! You ask it you answer it .. Dude, c'mon!

Stop polluting this forum!!!

damon666
Visitor

What's your problem ArcSBlack? I asked a valid question & got a ridiculous response from someone who should have been a lot more helpful.

I would hardly say that the thread is redundant. Going by the number of views my post has had, others have also experienced the same problem. So for the benefit of those who are searching for an answer to this question, I have posted my findings.

As for polluting the forum, you have made two unworthwhile, antagonistic comments to this thread for what purpose? You obviously have no interest in the topic. My suggestion to you is that you keep your nose out unless you have something constructive to offer that will expediate a solution.

My criticism of the advice that was offered to me was totally valid. I think mediators & super users should give more credit to the people who ask questions of this forum & not treat us as imbeciles. I would suspect that most people have tried everything they can think of before asking a question on here so to offer the suggestion that they should turn off their phone & turn it on again is rather condescending in my opinion. Neutral_Face

I'd be interested in reading from others who agree with me. Even if it's just a 'like'. Slightly_smiling_Face