Join now - be part of our community!

How can I copy contacts from my mobile to the sim?

SOLVED
Not applicable

How can I copy contacts from my mobile to the sim?

Sorry if this question had been asked before, but after searching for a bit, i could not come across anything so please forgive me if this is a repost.

Ok so basically, I want to copy the contacts from my X10 to the Simcard as i dont want any of them to get deleted by accident.

However after playing around with the phone for a bit, i could not come across anything

can anyone help please

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
an2ny79
Visitor

Saving from phone to SIM has the risk of losing some fields (note / other phone numbers / etc..)... And SIM capacity is limited.  Saving to SIM is a good habit, but that's old school.. Now there are cross migration between different make of phone.  So I would suggest to save it to computer (using Sync or VCF file) to preserve some details you added to your contacts.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable

so its better to use google sync....by go on phone book - press the four square key ( left most key of the handset and the choose google sync ) and do the sync

or for copy the contacts in sim ... go on phone book and press four square key and choose export contacts and then choose sim option

Not applicable

Thank you so much mate, i feel like an idiot right now because i should have tried that initially lol, but thanks anyway, much appreciated

Not applicable

There are many ways to backing up your contacts prior to formatting your mobile.

I recommend backing up the contacts in SD card. It saves in folder named System/PIM. Save the VCF file in your local computer too if need be. It's really useful, and all the contacts gets saved accurately.

Synchrnoizing to SE website or Google website is also worth, but the image gets compressed, and when you import back to phone, you need to again work on reloading the whole of image for better quality.

To backup the contacts to SIM/ SD CARD, click on Phone Dialer, and then tap the third icon 'contacts'. Press the menu button and select backup. Select either SIM or SD Card, and you have saved your contacts successfully.

Not applicable

Thank you mate, really appreciate your help, what it is i have a habbit of saving my contacts to the sim and prir to getting the X10i, I had a Nokia 5800 in which there was an option to save straight to sim card, however on the X10 theres no such option.

Are you aware of any setting like this or do i have to manually backup the contacts ?

an2ny79
Visitor

Saving from phone to SIM has the risk of losing some fields (note / other phone numbers / etc..)... And SIM capacity is limited.  Saving to SIM is a good habit, but that's old school.. Now there are cross migration between different make of phone.  So I would suggest to save it to computer (using Sync or VCF file) to preserve some details you added to your contacts.

alameenzaheer
Visitor

Sorry if this question had been asked before, but after searching for a bit, i could not come across anything so please forgive me if this is a repost.

Ok so basically, I want to copy the contacts from my X10 to the Simcard as i dont want any of them to get deleted by accident.

However after playing around with the phone for a bit, i could not come across anything

can anyone help please

Thanks