Join now - be part of our community!

How do I RESTORE my data using PC Companion??

SOLVED
AliWonder
Visitor

How do I RESTORE my data using PC Companion??

I just had to have my Xperia S fixed; all data was wiped off, obviously - am now TRYING to restore the back-up I made, using PC Companion on my small lap-top (as the 'Sony Bridge for Mac' is totally useless). WHERE is the button to 'restore' from a saved back-up??! I can't see anything anywhere; only a thing that says 'back-up & restore' - but if I click on this it seems to be asking me to back-up the phone - cannot see anything that says 'restore'. HELP please - this should be really basic and easy! (thought nothing seems to be with this phone...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Xperius
Visitor

BR.PNG

How about selecting a backup and click on restore? Works fine on Xperia S.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
owzyafava1
Visitor

DO NOT USE IT!!!!!, I made the same mistake 9 months ago!!!

owzyafava1
Visitor

And another one bites the dust, Bye bye all your stuff mate, I am sorry to tell you, Funnily I had just posted about this a few minutes ago!

owzyafava1
Visitor

You will soon get a reply from Uliwooly directing you to a third part backup utility that works, It will be his 8th millionth post excusing Sony for such a piece of junk phone Crying_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@ wozyafava, it doesn't matter if it's the millionth or billionth time I suggest something, if you read what I've typed it says Alternatives to backup Xperias. the idea of this forum is for US, USERS to help each other.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Xperius
Visitor

BR.PNG

How about selecting a backup and click on restore? Works fine on Xperia S.

AliWonder
Visitor

??? WHY should I not use the PC Companion restore?  I just found this screen shown in the post just above, & it's in the middle of restoring - are you seriously telling me it's not going to work & I'll lose the back-up I made?!

Apart from the post above, you're all directing me to software to back-up the phone - I need to RESTORE the data - not back it up. The phone totally crashed so I couldn't back it up before it went to get fixed; I only have one back-up from December that I did using PC Companion, but it should have most of the stuff on it; if you're telling me PC Companion doesn't work, what else am I supposed to do to restore the data please?

AliWonder
Visitor

Well the restore seems to have worked; despite the messages above... Now I just need to know how to re-download my android app's....?

AliWonder
Visitor

I went to the above post by Uliwooly about alternative back-up methods (although the back-up & restore on my little XP laptop worked fine, I'd like to be able to back-up onto my Mac as the laptop will probably die fairly soon). But I have nothing on my Xperia S called 'Application settings' or 'privacy'. I finally found 'allow installation of non-market apps'; it's in 'Security' on the Xperia S (there is nothing called 'privacy'). But then the post says to download the app to the SD card - but the Xperia S has no SD card slot, & nothing at all can be downloaded to it via a Mac unless you go through the almost totally useless 'Sony Bridge'. So I'm not very sure how to actually download this mysetrious app to my phone...