Join now - be part of our community!

How to connect my W700i phone via usb cable

SOLVED
Not applicable

How to connect my W700i phone via usb cable

Dear Sonyerricson Forum

I am a user of W700i walkman phone. Recently I have upgraded my operating system to Windows 7 & installed Sony Ericsson PC Suite 6.0. But this PC suite is not ditecting my phone. The computer though shows the memory card of my phone as a drive. Plz. help me regarding this problem. The earlier version of the PC suite which I tried to install on windows 7 was Sony Ericsson PC Suite 2.10.46 & while installing Windows was reporting an error failing to load resource....what can be done plz. help.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martha-
Contributor

The W700 is not compatible with the newest versions of PC Suite, and 2.10.46 is not compatible with Windows 7.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Oh dear it's not a big problem,in fact pc suite can detect the phone in "phone mode" not in "mass storage" mode. You can choose phone mode and then it'll be okay.

Martha-
Contributor

The W700 is not compatible with the newest versions of PC Suite, and 2.10.46 is not compatible with Windows 7.

Not applicable

Dear Moderator

Then what can be done I have to sinc my contacts & all with my PC. So sony won't be developing a PC suit for W700i which will be compatiable with windows 7?

Not applicable

Почему мой SonyEricsson W 700 i после съемки не сохраняет фотографии , а выбрасывает в главное меню ? Почему или из-за чего это может быть и как решить эту проблему ?

rameez94
Visitor

I use Sony Ericsson w700 too and I have done this research too, there is no way to install the old PC Suite in windows 7 or recognize w700 with newer PC Suites.

There is a software out there that does a great job dealing with Sony Ericsson.

My Phone Explorer -- Download Here http://www.fjsoft.at/en/downloads.php.

This softwares uses bluetooth to interact with the phone.

It synchronises everything of your phone (Contacts, Messages, Notes, Tasks) and you can even control your phone with it and send SMS from it.

It can also create backup for these.

All it needs is a bluetooth dongle to connect with your phone through PC.

I am using this software for an year now, never had any problems.

It handles both memory card and phone memory, but I use my USB Cable or Card Reader for my Memory Card.