Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

Thank you very much, the link was very useful and it helped me to restore my data.

Cheers

Not applicable

Uniwooly and Davieforro - thank you so much.  I am an absolute technophobe and far too old to deal with any sort of phone/software malfunction - all all 'official' avenues of help have been completely useless, but between the pair of you and about 6 hours of my day, I now have everything restored and have had a bit of an education to boot.  Thanks again.

Not applicable

Help......

Backup and restore will not install from oI file manager, am i doing something wrong or can any1 help me PLEASE.

check this thread

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/20218

download the file from the XDA forum

Not applicable

Thank you soooo much, i am now up and running.

bonbon.

Not applicable

i cant create my google account in my phone.....
Not applicable

To create a Google account in the phone,

Go to the Settings Menu ---> Accounts & Sync ---> Add account ---> Google (Entered your details)

Not applicable

I really wish I had read this string before following the advice of PC Companion.

I have followed the advice given on this forum that is: downloaded the back up and restore app from 4shared. Installed the file manager. The back up app was on the SD card I clicked 'install' and got the message 'Application not installed' I have switched the phone off and on, I have checked to see that the app is not available to uninstall. I have deleted the apk file and tried again, all to no avail. Can anyone point out where I am going wrong?

I have contacted SE who like others here pointed me to this forum.

Just tried the install again with the download from mediashare and it is running the restore now.

uliwooley should get paid by SE as they are sending customers here for free support

slimshaddy
Hero

thumbs up Winking_Face :smileygrin:

Not applicable

can someone please help me!

i might be being stupid, i have just updated my phone (X10i) to 2.3.3 and i have lost back up and restore.

i have tried installing oi file manager but it says the SD card is empty.. its not i can view it on my pc but i just dont know how to get it on my phone and install it.