Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

ok people please help!!!!

i have lost back up and restore when installing the new update 2.3.3

i have installed OI file manager, i have now managed to find my backed up file but how do i install it onto my phone?

i am not great at this techno stuff!, i have tried installing the medi fire thing but but phone won open it, what am i doing wrong?

someone please help i am going insane trying to figure it out

slimshaddy
Hero

How to install it

You need to  go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

download the backup & restore app, transfer it to your SD card in any folder or make a new folder named backup and restore..paste the downloaded file in this folder..

then with , oi file manager  find the fo -> tap on it -> install it

my advice, use PC Companion or Update Service to repair your phone (repeat the update process)

this time take the SD card before you repair it

Not applicable

Hi

I have followed your instructions but when I try and install the BackupX10.apk it completes with the  message 'Application not installed'.  I have tried turning the phone off and on but it makes no difference. The application is in a folder called Downloads on the SD card and I am trying to install it from there.  I also have another app in the same folder called Backup-and-restore-X10.apk  and that does the same thing.

In addition I found on the SD card a file called Data which had a file called Backup in which there were some backup files but the last one I did a couple of nights ago doesn't seem to  be there or if it is it is much smaller than the others and would not seem to have backedup everything despite it showing as it  went through the backup process every step ended succesfully!

Any ideas please? Thanks.

Not applicable

Hi Again

I should have said I tried that but the download is a zip file with folders and files which frankly I don't know how to use to create the app unless I've done something wrong?

are you sure its a zip file?

right click on the file and click on properties does it say APK File (.apk) if it does just transfer it directly to your SD card

even if its a zip file just transfer it to your SD card and use OI File Manager to look for it

if its a zip file use this app

Androi Zip File Manager to unzip it

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.agilesoftresource&feature=search_result

Not applicable

Its definitely a zip file. See  attached

no problem, just transfer it to  your SD card, use the zip app above to unzip it