Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

You rescued me as well! Thanks for the information!

Not applicable

what do i need to tap?already download and follow above instruction..can u explain the step please..really needs my previous contacts...

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

download the backup & restore app, transfer it to your SD card, use OI file manager to find it -> tap on Backup & restore apk/file -> tap on " install"

Not applicable

Hello Uliwooly

I`m facing the same problem. I made a complete back up on SD card before upgrading to 2.3.3. After upgrading i`m unable to restore my contacts, messages and all other data. Have downloaded many apps from market including OI, my backup pro, Astro etc etc.

Can you please tell me step by step on how to recover my contacts from the latest backup made on SD card. it wud be a great help

Regards

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

it is right above your post

download the backup & restore app

transfer it to your SD card (I will recomend you create a folder inside your SD card, call it APK)

use OI file manager to find the backup & restore apk on your SD card

tap on Backup & restore apk/file

tap on " install"

open it, and restore everything

Not applicable

THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DONOT KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER OI TO SD CARD AND HOW TO CREATE A FOLDER IN SD CARD......... PRETTY MUCH ILLETERATE IN THIS

CAN YOU PLEASE GUIDE ME AND FORGIVE ME FOR MY IGNORANCE :((

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

go to the market and download OI file manager, now connect your phone to your computer, and transfer the backup & restore file to your SD card, when you connect your phone to your PC, drag down the notification bar and MOUNT your phone, once you do that go to your Computer -> and you will see the Phone Card/SD card, double click on it, right click on an empty space, new folder, name it APK, copy paste the backup & restore file there, unmount the SD card and then use OI file manager to access that folder

Not applicable

TOOO GOOD !!

THANKS A MILLION MATE Slightly_smiling_Face

YOUR KIND HELP RELIEVED ME A LOT !!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH !!

BYEE :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Not applicable

HELLO ULIWOOLY

SORRY TO BOTHER YOU AGAIN........

HAVING A LITTLE PROBLEM.....I HAD BACKED UP MY CONTACTS BEFORE UPDATING TO 2.3.3. NOW WHEN I RESTORE FROM THERE , I DONOT GET THE WHOLE OF MY CONTACTS.....I HAVE EVEN TRIED FROM AN AUTOMATIC BACKUP TOO....HOWEVER, I HAVE MY CONTACTS STORED AT MY GMAIL ACCOUNT TOO BUT THEN THEY R NOT UPTO DATE AS I SYNCED MY PHONE MANY MONTHS BACK....

NOW WHEN I RESTORE AND SYNC MY PHONE I GET MULTIPLE ENTRIES OF CONTACTS......PLEASE ADVISE WHAT TO DO ?? :((