Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

many thanks ! this changed my day Slightly_smiling_Face

seriously, I'm not making upgrade without reading the docs. I find that the fact that backup and restore doesn't work anymore should be highlighted a little bit more...

anyway, thanks again !

Not applicable

already downloaded the files in megaupload but there's no apk files..only have androidmanifest.xml,classes.dex,license,notice and resource.arsc...help me please..

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

anytime

Not applicable

thanks a lot...i did successfully restore....:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Glad to hear it worked out

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Don't forget to check out the new launcher

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/19862

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

ok you will have to do the following

1) uninstall and reinstall the backup & restore app

2) try to see if you can restore all your contacts

now regarding multiple repeated contacts

open your phonebook

press MENU button -> tap on Send Contacts -> select all -> send it to your email

on your computer

-> download the file -> go to your gmail -> click on contacts -> click on more actions -> on the drop down menu click on "import" -> choose the file -> and click import
once you synced all your contacts to your gmail -> contacts -> drop down menu -> merge contacts
on your phone go to your phonebook -> press menu -> delete contacts (make sure to back them up one more time just in case)
then sync your contacts from your gmail to your phone

Not applicable

Thanks for that small guide. It *nearly* saved my a**... I was able to restore everything, except my text messages. Slightly_frowning_Face

The restore procedure just stops at 3% and reports an error "Could not restore data" (I have 2 different backups from last week and both show the same behaviour). I cannot believe that both .sbf backup files are corrupted at the same place, so I wonder if you (or anyone for that matter) has another way for me to restore my text messages from this .sbf backup file (or convert it into another format that can be restored with another app maybe)?

So far I have tried a dozen different free restore apps from the market, but none of the could read the file / restore it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

uninstall the backup & restore app -> reinstall it

and when you run it, only restore the SMS nothing else (not even MMS)