Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

Hi uliwooly, i followed ur instructions and it worked perfectly, but i have one problem. when the back up & restore app is restoring the data it works perfectly until it gets to sms then it says "error cant restore data". Would i get everything back if i just didnt include sms in the restoring and found some other way to get it back? and thank you very much for ur detailed instructions, they helped a ton!!!

Thanks again

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

try to run Backup & Restore and only restore the SMS nothing else

Not applicable

Hi uliwooly,

you saved my day!!

I was lost among countless apps to chose a PROPER one to restore my data..

This works as smooth as you can ever imagine!!

Keep up your good work Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad its working Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Thanks a ton dude.  It worked and bought all my contact and text messages back.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

No problem, don't forget to check the latest Home Launcher

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/19862

Not applicable

Hi.. what I did is just upgraded to 2.3.3, then if your phone doesn't seem to run properly, like not identifying your memory card, or gallery files, music files, and force closing all apps, just rerun the update, the same way you did the first time. Then download Backup and Restore from the link below -

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I5CJUPJV

Then just install it by clicking on it and once installed it will run the same ways it was in 2.1. I did not install it through OI File Manager.

All problems resolved. Enjoy the 2.3 update in X10. Hope it resolves all your issues Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad its working now

Not applicable

Oh man - you really are a life saver. Funny how the online chat support guy told me that losing the Backup and Restore app wasn't a problem for users! Your solution worked perfectly 🐵
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I still can't understand why SE didn't  included the Backup & Restore app with the new Xperias and the update