Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

The bloke on the chat said that it didn't work very well - but you've proved that wrong!
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

could you send me the file also to owusudd1@gmail.com please.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

done

Not applicable

please help me, send me the file to owusudd1@gmail.com please

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

check your meail

Not applicable

juz wanna ask..is there any idea on how i can delete a conversation because i try to delete the sms thread and eventhough all the sms are deleted but the thread are still there..i try the backup and restore sms but still can't do. plz help me

Not applicable

Hello, I have the same problem. quite annoying those empty threads.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

try settings -> privacy -> settings reset or factory reset, it will delete everything else (apps, sms, mms, etc) but should do the trick

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I haven't experienced that just yet but you can repair your phone with Update Service or PCC or reflash it, it might be a bug that can be solved by repairing your phone, but I would do a factory reset first