Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

Tried, however showing ~ This service is temporarily not available from your service area. Actually, I tried to download from this link the whole day and saw the same message. I saw on the megaload showing the size of the file is 2.68MB but the link you sent me was 2.28MB. Any different of the file from these 2 links? Any chance i can get this file from another link or somewhere? Going Crazy!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

umm you can google Xperia X10 backup & restore apk

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1193802

Not applicable

would you please send the file to my email address? bopu922@gmail.com

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'll send you the file later, but I think I know what's going on, use Update Service and repair your phone

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/mobilephones/downloads/subject/updateservice/1.689743?cc=gb&...

then try again, it should work

Not applicable

Wow, I made it, Uilwooly, the issue is only the file from Megaupload is work. My colleague help me to DL that apk and i got back everythings. Thanks god, thanks Uilwooly!!

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad its working now Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I finally got it to work.

I had to manually delete all messages (sms + mms), restore only sms backup, and then restore only mms backup. That did the trick. 😄

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Good to know in case I see someone else with the same problem Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Thanks for that mate! Megaupload was being silly but after it allowed me to download the apk, everything worked fine! Now I am restoring the backup. Text messages now at 80% Fingers crossed they will restore alright. Thanks for your genius. PS: I don't get what's going on with the new launcher! ty

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Don't forget to use the other apps to backup and sync your sms/mms to gmail