Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

Hi Uliwooly Slightly_smiling_Face

can you also send me the file to my email address?

i need it so much!! please!! :'(

hang_yang96@hotmail.com

Not applicable

Hi Uliwooly

can you also send me the file to my email address?

i need it so much!! please!! :'(

hang_yang96@hotmail.com

Not applicable

I would like to add my thanks to uliwooly for his link to the .apk file. I simply downloaded it direct to the phone. I had forgotten to allow non-Market applications, but the phone prompted me to change the settings and installed without my having to install anything extra like a file manager or separate installer. I now have my bookmarks back... 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad it's working fine, don't forget to check this other app

"backup SMS"

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&feature=search_result

in case you want to sync your mms, sms, call logs, to your gmail Slightly_smiling_Face quite useful

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Done Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Yes, I have that one and used it to restore messages after upgrading last night. It is indeed excellent.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I wonder how come some users can't download the file from megaupload but you should be able to get it now

Not applicable

Hi, I see that most people with the lost backup succeed in the end, I cannot download the OI File Manager (I just get repeated requests to login), is ther another source or app that I can use to run the Restore and Backup app?

VeloJohn

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

its really hard, since the OI File Manager grants you access to your SD card to access the apk/apps

go to settings -> applications -> unknown sources (make sure is selected)

now this is a bit tedious but

on your X10 download the apk from this site -> once you have the file pull down the notification bar -> tap on the downloded file -> install it

or you can open your app drawer and then tap on Downloads -> tap on the downloaded file -> install it

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/oi-file-manager

then just follow the steps on how to install the backup & restore

also go to

settings -> applications -> manage applications -> Market -> clear everything and try again to download something from the market

Not applicable

Did you go to settings -> applications -> and then tick unknown sources, as uliwooly suggested above? I am not sure why some people need the file manager but some of us just downloaded the .apk file direct to the phone with no need for that.