Join now - be part of our community!

Messaging app is very very slow :( sometimes receiving calls also slow :(

SOLVED
Adi
Visitor

Messaging app is very very slow :( sometimes receiving calls also slow :(

I don't understand why sony made messaging app very very slow!!!

Running ICS 6.1.1.B.1.10 build[India]. Every other apps works fine. But "Messaging" is very slow Slightly_frowning_Face it takes lot of time to open a single message.

I have done the repair through SUS, also cleared all the previous messages. Removed the built-in bloatwares/apps. There is enough RAM memory available always, but even then "messaging" app at any time takes more than 10 sec to open, some times takes more than 30sec or will not open at first attempt!!!

Some times answering phone calls is also difficult, even after receiving call - timer is not visible, ringer stops-starts-stops. By the time everything is normal, timer suddenly comes and it shows more than 10secs, that means call is answered 10 sec ago!!! and I miss the call Slightly_frowning_Face

All other apps working with no issue and smooth.

Is there any solution for this? Any one having this problem?

Is there a messaging app that we can replace it with default com.sonyericsson.messaging? like we have 'dialers'....

Mine is rooted and V6 supercharged with RC12 [512HP]. Also, tried many lcunchers[Nova, Holo, Apex, etc] but no luck Slightly_frowning_Face

Somebody please help me with this!!!

Thanks in advance,

Adi

14 REPLIES 14
Adi
Visitor

After settings > apps > all ... what next? which is the "external" messaging app I can use in the palce of sony's messaging crapp?

Adi
Visitor

Any help with this post?

Is there any way we can use default Android messaging [MMS.apk] app? instead of sony's messaging crapp? [Conversations.apk]?

There must be some way... I am just unable to find it out Slightly_frowning_Face

Crying_Face

Adi
Visitor

Thanks muchly for ur time Slightly_smiling_Face and app suggestions. Using Handcent SMS, far better and fast than the sony's messaging crapp!!!

Cryo
Visitor

Hey i have the same problem to the 'phone' app. its very laggy and takes long time to load, same thing with calulator. is there any app to replace 'phone' app??