Join now - be part of our community!

problem with connection with my own wireless network

SOLVED
Not applicable

problem with connection with my own wireless network

Hi, my Xperia mini sees my network but i cant connect.  i know my WPA shared key number but even if i enter this string in password field, it just does not work.  any clue?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

this might be a little too obvious but double check the password, I had similar problems for a while and it was a typo

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

this might be a little too obvious but double check the password, I had similar problems for a while and it was a typo

Not applicable

Hi, i have tried over + over.  is the password same as the wpa shared key # seen in my router setup page (it is a 22 character long string ;(  ).  I have also tried using static IP address setup on from settings menu but dont seem to work either. thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

do you have 1.6 or 2.1 on your phone?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert
an2ny79
Visitor

I have a client who insisted that they tried and tried but didn't work.. but at the end, it turned out her eyes have just tricked her..

To check the connectivity issue

Try changing your passkey to a shorter one (let say; abcd) but be sure you copy and paste the original passphrase into a notepad just in case you want to retain it for other devices.

Then connect.. if it could connect, then nothing wrong with your device but the way you key it in.

an2ny79
Visitor

By the way, using static IP is irrelevant.  The main focus here is the security exchange between your device and you router/AP over the air.

an2ny79
Visitor

Lastly, check if you're router is using MAC Filtering...

Not applicable

Thanks, you got it right, it was indeed a typo... Winking_Face

Not applicable

Thanks, I 'll keep that for future reference.:smileyhappy: