Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding the low battery backup of my new Xperia S

SOLVED
Chinraj
Visitor

Regarding the low battery backup of my new Xperia S

I bought a new Xperia S phone just 4 days ago on sunday, but I happen to notice that the charge in my cell won't even stay for a day. I'll have to charge it atleast twice a day to keep it away from turning off..!!

I seriously don't know the reason for this. Can somebody please suggest me about how to tackle this ?

somebody please tell me why this happens and what should I do regarding it...!!

my battery charge goes to 99% if I restart it once the battery is fully charged..!!Screenshot_2013-01-09-22-39-40.pngScreenshot_2013-01-10-02-14-51.pngScreenshot_2013-01-10-02-39-41.png

please help on this, its so annoying to see my battery drain like that even before a week of purchasing it..!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sbkhbk
Visitor

- @ night : switch to GSM network (if you don't need 3g)

- Decrease your screens brightness (it stands high on graph)

- Use either 3g or gsm network only, there is a bug on using both 3g/gsm network which makes xperia to stay awake that causes your battery to drain very quickly.

This should normally help you to slowdown battery drain.

All the best..

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
FolkCleric
Visitor

Try to fully discharge it and then charge it to 100% again. Do it like 2-3 times in a row. It helped for me. Now I need to charge my Xperia S once in a day with heavy using, Slightly_smiling_Face

Chinraj
Visitor

i'm trying on it. the problem is it drains even whe i dun use it. like at night when i slept the charge was 49% and when i woke up this morning its been down to 26%.!!

will try as you said and then post the results.

Not applicable

Make sure you are running the latest firmware, update via PCC. Slightly_smiling_Face

FolkCleric
Visitor

When I just bought Xperia S, the battery drained 20-30% over night. Now ir only drains 4-6 % over night. Slightly_smiling_Face

sbkhbk
Visitor

- @ night : switch to GSM network (if you don't need 3g)

- Decrease your screens brightness (it stands high on graph)

- Use either 3g or gsm network only, there is a bug on using both 3g/gsm network which makes xperia to stay awake that causes your battery to drain very quickly.

This should normally help you to slowdown battery drain.

All the best..

sbkhbk
Visitor

and remember your mobile is 4days old, so possible answer from sony would be asking you to wait for some more days to watch the battery perf..

You will have green color light notification when battery reaches 90%, Its normal that it will reach 99% once you restart your battery after full charge.. thing to watch is, after restart it shouldn't go to less than 90% after a full charge..

Chinraj
Visitor

first of all thank you.

and i've kept the brightness to the minimum level!

-and how do I swith the network to gsm/2g ? as i'm new to this sony xperia I dun find a way to switch between them.

Chinraj
Visitor

okay. i'll check it for few more days. Slightly_smiling_Face

sbkhbk
Visitor

Go to Settings --> Wireless & networks --> click on More.. it will open up a new window, select Mobile Networks, it will open "Mobile network settings"...

In that screen, you will find "Network Type". By default it will be "WCDMA preferred/GSM", select it and you will see GSM in the list, select it & you will switch to 2G network.

If you need fast mobile data, you can select WCDMA (if needed)..

Hope you will be able to find it. All the best Slightly_smiling_Face