Sola is so lagging after ICS update

SOLVED
Steven11
Visitor

After updated to ICS for few days,

• my Sola is slowing down,
  • battery drain faster after day 1,
  • phone is lagging  badly when got call in, swipe the slider to pick up the phone have to wait few second to see the screen then the voice, sometime lagged even badly until can't pick up the calls......

now i'm regret to update to ICS... sigh... i hope Sony quickly do something to finetune the system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven11
Visitor

Confirmed! There is 2 method to solve the lagging problems i mentioned:

1. Factory Reset, which is what i used, make sure you back up everything first before you do the reset, after reset is still running ICS, but is very smooth this time. No more lagging problems and no hang when pick up call Slightly_smiling_Face
  2. This is suggest by some other user, which i'm not tested before, so try with your own risk. For those do not wish to lose game save/ app data, can try go to settings > backup & reset > settings reset. Same as above, do a backup first before you try.

Hope it helps and i will continue monitoring my phone's status, if found anything unusual, will let's everybody know again.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
amitkaninwal07
Visitor

agree. i am facing the same problem in my xperia sola after ics update.

searanger_77
Visitor

Absolutely agree.....my sola performance after upgarde to ICS make me crying all day... Slightly_frowning_Face

Nabeel
Master

Did you all try a software repair ?

Backup everything as it will erase all data on phone (sms, contacts,apps)

Update/Repair your phone via PCC or SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue)  

PC Companion http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

ADA
Visitor

Hard reset and reinstalling does not help. Sony, lets go to 4.1 before its going to blow.

X130
Visitor

My Sola was very very laggy after the update too, but I removed the sd card and did a hard reset, after the reset I put back the sd card and now the updated Sola is working very nice and smoothly!

~But remember to backup your Contacts!~

deepurpal
Visitor

I experienced this issue with Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman after I upgraded it to ICS; that's why I did not bother to upgrade to ICS on Xperia Sola.

I wont fall for it this time.

his1nightmare
Visitor

yes yes same here,its a global problem.Sony have to work on this.Release a firmware that is fast adn stable like gingerbread.Sometimes the dialler app takes 7 seconds to open.thats heartbreaking

his1nightmare
Visitor

and also repair in PCC wont help..its a buggy slow Firmware

his1nightmare
Visitor

i even went to sont service centre to downgrade to gingerbread.But they told me it will take 20 Days and have to keep it there.OOOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGGG U GOTTA BE SERIOUSLY KIDDING ME.so i decided to stick with it adn may be by 20 days sony will release a FIX