Join now - be part of our community!

USB Tethering problem

SOLVED
Lin
Visitor

USB Tethering problem

I'm having problems with tethering my mobile data to my PC.

Sometimes, it works immediately and "Tethering or Portable Hotspot Active" appeared on my status bar. Sometimes, the check mark of USB tethering on Setting app disappeared and "SD card connected" reappeared again in the status bar. Sometimes, I check it again and it worked. Sometimes,  "SD card connected" reappeared again. Sometimes, "The process 'System' stopped responding" with option for "Wait" or "Close" appeared, so I had to shut down my phone again and retry.

Did anyone has this issue? My phone is Xperia Arc s running 4.0.4 build number 4.1.B.0.587. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GMattZ
Visitor

It could be a software issue, or an application conflicting with system settings. Try repairing your firmware with Sony's Update Service.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GMattZ
Visitor

It could be a software issue, or an application conflicting with system settings. Try repairing your firmware with Sony's Update Service.

Sam
Legend
Legend

Please try GMattZ's suggestion; however do you get any other connection issues such as charging etc?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Lin
Visitor

No. No other connection issues. By the way, my PC is running Windows 8, so there might be some incompatibility, but it didn't work also in my old Windows XP with tethering drivers from Sony installed. Is there any apps from Play Store or for Windows that can fix this?

The internet connection at my current location is quite slow, so it would take a long time to repair the firmware and so quite inconvenient at this time.

Lin
Visitor

I uninstalled some apps that I installed from One Mobile Market and the problem was solved. Thanks a lot for your suggestion. But, Google Play Store is not available in my country :smileysad:, so can you please suggest some safe sites that I can download apps from. We can access Play Store by tricking Google but it's a bit complicated, you know.