Join now - be part of our community!

What is that Root?

SOLVED
Vitas250
Visitor

What is that Root?

So, i upgraded my android from 2.3.4 to 4.0.4 Slightly_smiling_Face and i heard that i need to root my phone...

What is that Root? and Boot Loader??

why do i need to do this? please answer that i will understand.. i'm not pro in all this stuff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madaditya
Visitor

Listen buddy,rooting actually means gaining rights to make changes in your system.

You can then install other os',just as you mentiones Jelly bean...it isnt oficially released by sony for neo v...

you can harm your phone after rooting,may void your warranty after unlocking. Its just like installing Windows 7 over your Windows Xp(Take it just as an example)when you do it manually.

And whatever Jn you are talking about that os wont be stable for your device,untill you get reviews

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
UdoKuoio
Contributor

You DON'T need to root your phone. The rooting procedure is a personal choice, important only you like to manage the big part of the system your smartphone.

Vitas250
Visitor

So, i saw how to upgrade android to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to my Xperia neo V..

and i saw that i need to root my phone to upgrade android to 4.2.1 Jelly Bean ... why?

Madaditya
Visitor

Listen buddy,rooting actually means gaining rights to make changes in your system.

You can then install other os',just as you mentiones Jelly bean...it isnt oficially released by sony for neo v...

you can harm your phone after rooting,may void your warranty after unlocking. Its just like installing Windows 7 over your Windows Xp(Take it just as an example)when you do it manually.

And whatever Jn you are talking about that os wont be stable for your device,untill you get reviews

Vitas250
Visitor

if i upgraded android 2.3.4 to android 4.0.4 manually... so it can hurt my phone? or not?

i updated with Flash without rooting..

Madaditya
Visitor

Neo v's got an official update to 4.0.4 so why do you want to do it manually?

adn rooting is an option! not a necessacity

Vitas250
Visitor

My SI Number 1261-3356 is still not released yet (and I think Sony never will release this SI number)... So I decided to update manually.. But is the official update with PCC or SUS better than manual update? Thinking_Face

Iez
Visitor

• Vitas250 u Want To Root And Unlock The Bootloader

• 1:u need to Install Flash Derive a.k.a Flash-tool
  • 2:u need to download busybox____anynumbur
  • 3:u Need Kernal Vursions For Your Device Phone
  • 4:if u want to update The Phone Try To Search google.com Type Cm10__Your Device Phone Numbur Klick Like If Its Help
  • Add Me If u Want Me To Help u Easy Way Afraid Of Damages at Your Own Risk
yuxandyou
Visitor

Root your phone and unlock bootloader is the best choice for get all the power of your phone, it can damage your phone? yes, but the only thing that you need is the original firmware and flash tools (or any other as lez said) in case of your phone get bricked.

I bricked my phone 3 times and only need these two things to repair it.

My advice is to learn more about developing in android forums as xda developers.

I posted yesterday a complete process step by step to install android 4.1.2 to a Xperia Neo V device.

I have a Xperia Neo running android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean working at 1,6Ghz and it works fine, very fine, fast and smooth.

Of course in the moment that you get your bootloader unlocked, your warranty is void and of course all android development that you may use is at your own risk, as all us.

Is for it that I advice you learn more about it and then you can take a way to get a boosted phone.

Vitas250
Visitor

thank you for the informations.

but i have a qurstion, Xperia Neo/Neo V is only 1Ghz? no?

or xperia Neo/Neo V will be 1,6Ghz when i will upgrade to Jelly Bean?