Join now - be part of our community!

What is The Latest Update for Sony Xperia S???

SOLVED
mandeep148
Visitor

What is The Latest Update for Sony Xperia S???

Hello,

i you have not so much time to read these then Please read last Bold Para aleast..

Sign in after Long Time,

Actually i m busy on Samsung Galaxy SIII,

i have also Sony Xperia S and used all phone of sony,

3-4 month ago i bought Sony xperia S, after 2 month SIII,

after using SIII, Sony is looks like joke, some people argument me in this reply, but there is a reason,

till there is no update yet for fixing ui lag or any update, may be for other region, i live in India, there is no Notification of firmware update nor from pc,

you know what why i called sony is joke becasue i m samsung user and also have all sony handset, Because Siii is getting Android 4.2 but here in Sony why are till on bugy update,

i m feeling like sony xperia S processor is like a processsor Nokia 5233, even Nokia 5233 is faster than sony xperia S,

i m fully frustrated,

Don't tell me the same dilouge from sony support is Update or repair ur phone with that software....

some times my mind says me Please give Sony's phone to a poor man!! may be god bless me...

i heared a blog news in that is written from sony dev, "first Sony xperia t, v will get jelly bean... and then we will think for xperia S"

i meant to say if sony launched first Sony Xperia S then why not they update it first?

I think Sony is forgot that Sony xperia S was launched from them,

we are also spend money on it, lack of support from Sony...

Before Sony will Delete this Thread

Please can anybody tells me..

Whats is The Latest Update for Sony Xperia Si m on 6.1.A.2.45,

I heard there is 2 update launched like .50 , .55

i have not got any update i live in india..

if there is update available in India then

My Questions is, Will flashing through Flashtool will void my phone Warrany, If i flashed Stock firmware from another Region????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PVV
Visitor

The latest update now is .55, but its region specific. Same goes for .50. Updates are pretty good - at least .50 has much better battery managment than older ones, and I beleive .55 solves the problems with camera quick launch and proximity sensor (cant confirm this cause in my country only .50 is available now). Why Sony is releasing the updates this way I dont know but its pretty lame from my point of view. And I also agree with you that Sony falling back with updates compared to other manufactures both in quality and in latest Android versions release. Its clearly that Sony cant compete with other big players like Samsung, HTC or even LG. For Sony is better to leave smartphone market and spare itself from additional humiliation. As for me I am not going to buy any Sony smartphone again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PVV
Visitor

The latest update now is .55, but its region specific. Same goes for .50. Updates are pretty good - at least .50 has much better battery managment than older ones, and I beleive .55 solves the problems with camera quick launch and proximity sensor (cant confirm this cause in my country only .50 is available now). Why Sony is releasing the updates this way I dont know but its pretty lame from my point of view. And I also agree with you that Sony falling back with updates compared to other manufactures both in quality and in latest Android versions release. Its clearly that Sony cant compete with other big players like Samsung, HTC or even LG. For Sony is better to leave smartphone market and spare itself from additional humiliation. As for me I am not going to buy any Sony smartphone again.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

if you can not wait then

How to manually update 2012 Xperias to android 4.0.4

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/41609

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

mandeep148
Visitor

Thanx PVV...

actually i know if i cant wait then i can flash with flashtool...But...

My main question is if i flash another region stock firmware in indian device, will it kills warranty????

mandeep148
Visitor

In your Given Link there is no firmware after .45.... i already said in my disc. that I m on .45..

Why u given my this link if there is no update like .50 or .55??? Slightly_smiling_Face

darkangel0224
Visitor

Sony PC Companion will notice u the latest update faster than the website.