Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia U copatibility with Skullcandy Ink'd 2 with mic

SOLVED
Nahid
Visitor

Xperia U copatibility with Skullcandy Ink'd 2 with mic

Hello, I am planning to buy a Skullcandy Ink'd 2 with mic earphone  (http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/ink-d-black-black-mic). But reading some reviews I found that it has compatibility issues with Xperia phones. Does anyone here has first-hand experience of using particiularly this earphone with Xperia U? Does the mic and its button work? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nahid
Visitor

Sad that I'm my self answering me! Yes the earphone TOTALLY works with XU. just bought it. earphone, microphone, button everything works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sam
Legend
Legend

This headset would not work with the phone in question due to the microphone.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Nahid
Visitor

Thanks. But according to the "white paper" of Xperia U, its 3.5 mm jack is a CTIA standard. And as far as I know iPhone 4 and later phones are CTIA standard too. So as the earphone is made for iPhones should it work in XU too? I loved the earphone so much Slightly_frowning_Face

Sam
Legend
Legend

Whilst this is true, this applies to headset only not headset and microphone configurations unfortunately.

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

dragpyre
Contributor

Surely if its the typical headphone/microphone jack arrangement, it should work?

I've used other headsets in devices before.
Personally, I think its best to ask in the retailer to test the headset/headphones and find out for yourself. Slightly_smiling_Face

• Correct Answers - 30 points
  • Helpful Answers - 10 points
Nahid
Visitor

Sad that I'm my self answering me! Yes the earphone TOTALLY works with XU. just bought it. earphone, microphone, button everything works.

adyt5
Visitor

hey nahid u r using these ink'd2 from october so how are they?? are they worth the price?? and are they sturdy??

i wanna buy them too but there are mixed reviews so finally asked u...