Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

• Can anyone else confirm that thier CMT device does NOT work with vTuner?
  • Can anyone else confirm that the BDV/BDP works but with limited stations.

The thing is, we're getting feedback from Sony, saying one thing - if you guys are saying another we will feed this back also

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi folks,

Although my post yesterday has gone walk-about here's an update on my own equipment.

[28-11-2014 - 01:00 hrs GMT] I’ve just tested my STR-DN1040 Receiver and vTuner is still alive and kicking albeit a very limited service. Of the 21 stations I played randomly, only three still played music, the others giving a message “Cannot Play”. My BDP-S7200 Blu-ray Player however is still down on all stations!

To weigh in on Quinnicus's earlier post, I would like to urge all readers to please test your own devices and report your findings below ASAP.

Model Numbers - Partial Service or No Service would also be useful at this stage.

Thanks to you all

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
Goosfrabaaaah

On Bdv-n590 no service at all, can't even start up vtuner without getting error message about server not being available.
teinob
Explorer

Hi there

No vtuner service on my CMT-G2BNIP.

"Annoying" is a very friendly word in terms of the feelings I have towards Sony...

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Accessed vTuner and entered media ID number and got this message which appears to relate to operating system software malfunction -Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too many client tasks.

/setupapp/sony/asp/CheckMac/CheckMacAndSend.asp, line 63

wilsonmfw

My experience is same as MK Slinky! Only selected stations not available on presets on STR-DN1040 which just happens to include my favourite, thankfully have backup source for now but annoyed with Sony for giving false impression of problem such as nothing available on certain devices! Strange how can get some stations but not all that were available. 

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw 

Hi there and thank you for the info!

What is interesting with this particular model receiver is that originally when posting about this on Sunday this week all channels worked on vTuner however over the course of the week many have now gone AWOL!

I had 10 favourites in all, mainly hard house or Dutch Trance, only one of my favourites now works.

I think we need to re-test this on a daily basis to see if any others stop working.

Thanks also to the other members who've posted above, please keep um coming! :wink:

pisasax
Explorer

Hi all! vTuner on my CMT-G2NiP in Italy is still working but NOT all the stations...in some of them "cannot play" is shown on the screen :angry:

wilsonmfw

Def think software issue as outage is not regular!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  All this has been fed back to Sony and they are confirming things, as there is a difference between what Sony UK/EU have been told and what you guys are saying - and not just from this forum either.

Cheers