Join now - be part of our community!

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

vTuner Offline on Some Devices [Nov 2014]

Hi all,

It looks as though vTuner is now off-line again on some devices. My own STR-DN1040 Receiver remains unaffected at this time however my BDP-S7200 Blu-ray is displaying the following message:

“This service cannot be accessed at this time because the server replied with incorrect or invalid information”.

Please report any other affected devices here for simplicity of colaborating the information, kindly do not start a new thread.

Thanks in advance!

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
455 REPLIES 455
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

I'll have a look at my 1040 later.

Can't find anything mentioned on Google though, do you have a link?

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

@wilsonmfw wrote:

Seems we now know why there has been such an eratic period of 'on/off' with vTuner service and Music Unlimted! No longer going to be supported on any platform other than a Playstation 3 or 4 via a deal with Spotify! As yet, still looking to find information as to accessing internet radio (vTuner) or similar via the internet and whether a service will now be provided when signed up for Spotify equivalent of Music Unlimited subscription!

I was really unimpressed when logging in to vTuner and Music Unlimted to find my device STRN DN1040 and Sony SMART HD TV will no longer be supported after 29th March!  So much for Sony Customer Support and that was putting it very politely!  Wonder if they would like to pay me the £349 pounds it cost to get a Playstation 4 unit so I can continue with my revamped Music Unlimited subscription!

OK so I've read the message displayed on my DN1040 when opening the Music Unlimited service. Message states:-

On 03.29 this device will stop supporting Music Unlimited. Visit www.playstationmusic.com/spotify for more details

Therefore your comments above are not entirely accurate. You didn't read it properly!!

vTuner is nothing to do with Music Unlimited. vTuner will continue to function after the 29th March. Only Music Unlimited is changing.

Read more about the changes here:

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/en-gb/support/questions/detail/show-question/music-unlimited...

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

No Rhyme or Reason

Lazy Saturday morning in Paris, France. Lounging for second breakfast. Walking over to my superbly engineered Sony CMT-G2NiP. Most of my favorite Presets which worked on Thursday – "Cannot Play" !

Clicking my way back into "Editor's Pick" – finding some other stuff.

Anybody have a similar story?

Saturday, March 14, 2015

profile.country.en_GB.title
wilsonmfw

Maybe someone needs to read the bigger picture here instead of being so quick to look for negative responses as in the response. There was no reference with regard to vTuner not being available after 29th March 2015, just that while accessing vTuner and Music Unlimited, the latter not being available and reported on the device in question! However, if you look at the bigger picture and given the very poor service experienced with vTuner coupled with the changes that Sony are currently going through, it does not require a very big step to arrive at the conclusion that as vTuner services are reached through the same button, being SEN, and being the free services as against MU being subscription, that the same demise could befall vTuner as well! With all the retoric since the vTuner service started getting corrupted, we are still no where near knowing what is going on. Would be nice to get some informed opinion which gives us answers so we know which direction we are headed! I am certainly not holding my breath on the vTuner outcome as I mo longer trust Sony or whoever speaks up for them!
unzeitig
Explorer

Hi all, I have CMT-G2BNiP too. After 1 year of problems with VTUNER at finally I have solution little bit different from others. It is based on home media server with cheap Raspberry Pi with USB HDD. Home media server obtains videos, photos and music with your favourite albums and you can share it in your house with every device you have connected to home network. I have CMT-G2BNiP connected to home network via WiFi and home media server completely replaces dependance on VTUNER. Difference is in possibility to set stations you can find on internet to your equipment, because it really works!!!!!. Including stations from Vtuner!! You can use 1 playlist only but CMT doesn't display stations when you move in playlist by arrows (I do not recommend it). Better solution is to create separate playlist for each station (to be able display names of stations on your system). To change station you simply push arrow keys (as before) and you can see name of station on CMT display. Response of system when you change stations is faster then original VTUNER presets. Your CMT you can control too from Android BubbleUpnp, from tablets, notebooks or other media servers on your home network.

If anybody has interest how to set Raspberry Pi, please write directly to contact on youtube with result of my study - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITlVCWAT0t0.

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

Thanks for your tip, unzeitig.

profile.country.DE.title
mypointofview

OK guys, here we go again. "NOT AVAILABLE" ... (since this weekend May 16, 2015)

You know the drill: write to your local Sony support tech, email the consumer association, press and media and especially ask Monsieur vTuner "what's up." They need to hear from us!

profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Ironically however after being informed recently that we would no longer have the Music Unlimited service, Sony are now advertising it as a feature on their new STR-DN1060 !!

I think the phrase "you only get what you pay for"is somewhat flawed!!!! :laughing:

unzeitig
Explorer

Hello guys, do not waste time with SONY support. I have tried it too - it is without any effect. Firstly I wanted my CMT return to SONY back, but there is not similar device in our marketplace to choose another one. I have decided to find suitable solution. And I have it. I can help you with home media server

http://www.uptech.cz/sony_vtuner_en.htm

, you will be fully satisfied. You do not need VTUNER in your device. How often you tune internet radio? If you choose 10 to 20 stations one time (but you can have more stations than your SONY device has memory positions for stations), I think it is enough. You will write it to text file - playlist - that is all.

drdeej
Explorer

I am speaking with BBC Dogwatch about this. Let Anne Robinson sink her
teeth into this. Maybe get Sony to apologize about this.

Sent via my Sony Xperia™ Tablet Z running Android 4.4.4