Join now - be part of our community!

Cant copy files to my new 32gb Micro SD card

SOLVED
nalinjawa_gmail
Visitor

Cant copy files to my new 32gb Micro SD card

I purchased a new Sandisk 32gb (class 4) micro sd card. My sola detected the SD card but when I try copy a file (mp4 video clip) from internal storage to micro sd card, I cannot cpoy it. When I try create a new folder in micro sd card(Using ES file exploer), sometimes I can create a folder but most of the time I cannot do it. Then if I unmount the SD card and remount it, then I can create a folder.

When I connect my sola to PC (MTP or MSC mode), I can copy files to SD card but most of the time I cannot read them (for an example video clip), some times PC shows the files are copied but when I check them in phone, the folder is empty.

But If I connect the micro sd card to PC via card reader, I can copy files without a problem and I can read those files using my sola once I inserted the micro sd card to the phone.

So I think the micro SD card is ok but there is a problem in my sola, It detects the sd card but there is problem when writing data.

I formatted the SD card to FAT32 file system using PC but I cannot foramt it in My sola . When I go to Settings>Storage and run Erase SD Card, in the next screen there is a button saying 'Clear Internal Storage'. Why it tries to clear internal storage when I try to erase Exteral SD card?

Is there a solution or workaround to this problem or do I need to format my SD Card to another file format (exFAT)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nalinjawa_gmail
Visitor

Thank you for the feedback. I tested with few SD Cards and inserting my 32 GB SD card in my friends phone and found this is a problem in the SD Card not in Sola.

I'm planning to return the SD Card and get a new one or refund.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Johan
Master

How large is the file size of these files you try to copy?

Have you been experiencing this with other SD cards as well?

nalinjawa_gmail
Visitor

Thank you for the feedback. I tested with few SD Cards and inserting my 32 GB SD card in my friends phone and found this is a problem in the SD Card not in Sola.

I'm planning to return the SD Card and get a new one or refund.