Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

Thank you Daviforo this way worked for me - I tried all the Uniwooly methods too and they did not work for me but I do admire his way of trying to help a lot of us - I am an older user of the smart phone and the android gingerbread had wiped out my back up but now thanks to your link I have my contacts back thank you DF and thank all the other forum helpers LIR
Not applicable

Hi I have downloaded the io file manager onto the phone but where do I get the backup and restore app from to install and who made it, sorry for being thick here,

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Uliwooly to the rescue

if you need the app you can use this link instead to download the apk

New Link

Backup & Restore

How to install it

You need to

go to settings -> applications -> check unknown sources

download IO File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=org.openintents.filemanager&feature=search_result

download the backup & restore app, transfer it to your SD card, use OI file manager to find it -> tap on it -> install it

Click on Backup & Restore to download the app

Not applicable

i could use some help too =P well i got the backup and restore app to install. but when i click restore and then click on my file, the app crashes again. anyone have any input on how i can fix this?

Not applicable

I had the same problem as your other guys, on my X10 Xperia, no problem in DL the OL or Backup & Restore, but they all said "program not installed" after trying to install the app, exept davidferro´s link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?78bcyp5alpwy0ok it installed without any problems, and is currently restoring  data......  i DL the apk to my computer and moved it to the SD and the opened it and istalled it....

just waiting for it to complete the restore so far there is no problems.....onlys SMS is left..... and it´s done and it works!!  GOOD THREAD!!!! ;-D

Not applicable

http://www.mediafire.com/?78bcyp5alpwy0ok This is a really easy fix, thank you all very much for the help and all the great work done on our behalf.

I just downloaded the file straight on to the phone and opend the app and did a restore and hey presto, I am such a happy chappie now.

Not applicable

You are SO clever - thank you!

I was crying like a little girl earlier, and now I'm all happy again.

You are my hero!!! :o))

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

hahaha I'm glad I was of some help

Not applicable

Uliwooly - I find people like you who sort out luddites like me great.  I guess you do this without any pay - I hope Sony Ericsonn appreciate that you have helped a lot of people get back the restore file that they had done in good faith to get back their contacts.  Most of us thought that by doing the back up that even with the warnings by Sony during the Gingerbread update that we would at least still have our contacts.  Yes I had a paper/PC folder back up but wanted it back on my phone in an easy manner and not a key in 300+ contact phone, mobile and email details.

Thank you for the time you spend and I hope that Sony Ericson learn something too.  I would like to see their tablet do well as I have enjoyed the Xperia 10 (and it wasn't my choice of phone). The Xperia 10 has so far exceeded my expetations and the help you and Davieforro gave was tremendous.   Cheers lir.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

I'm glad I could help Slightly_smiling_Face