Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

I don't know what happened with my backup but I have tried everything on this thread and I still get the same error message when I try and restore.

However, my pictures have come back somehow! That was the main thing I was worried about, so i'm pleased about that.

I will definitely back everything up properly in future!

Not applicable

hi i have upgrade my phone x10 from 2.1 to 2.3 android..

andearlier before upgrading my phone i took a backup through BACKUP AND RESTORE app now how can i restore it since in this 23 version no such application is present...

pls help....

Not applicable

In Android 2.3, the Backup and Restore App is not available by default.I

It is also not available to be downloaded from the Android Market.

In order to get it, you need to download the Backup and Restore app apk file from http://www.elita-clan.com/downloads/backup_and_restore_v010935.apk

This apk file should be placed in the phone's SD card.

You can first download the B&R apk file to your PC and then transfer it to your phone's SD card via the USB cable

Now go to your phones's Settings menu ----> Applications ---> Unknown sources( Select/Tick the box)

Next you will need a file manager to install it.

You can use Astro File Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.metago.astro&feature=search_result

Once you have installed Astro, Launch it

Navigate to the B&R apk file that is on the SD card.

Tap on it once and a pop up menu will appear.

Select Open App Manager ----> Select Install

That's it.

Not applicable

I think i actually love you!!!!!:smileyhappy:

Not applicable

thanx a ton.....

U R D SAVIOR>>>>  Slightly_smiling_Face

I'm glad I was able to help you

Excellent!!!

Mr_Burns.png

Not applicable

Hi i was wondering if you'd be able to help me.... i've downloaded both the backup and restore and oi file manager. when i click on installing the backup and restore through the oi file maager it says "application not installed" i'm freaking out here i've lost so many important contacts because of this - the backup file is on my sd card as .sbf file but i can do absolutely nothing to it!

PLEASE HELP!

slimshaddy
Hero