Join now - be part of our community!

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

SOLVED
Not applicable

Lost Backup with Android Gingerbread upgrade

Hi all,

I got the new Anfdroid Gingerbread upgrade last night, but have only just found out that the the back up I ran using the the SE app will not be accessible after running the upgrade!!

Can anyone please let me know if any of the apps on android market can pick up my backup and restore it to my X10, as I've basically now got a phone with no contacts, apps, messages or any data what so ever on it!!! HEEEEELLLLPPP!!!

Cheers

Odub

206 REPLIES 206
Not applicable

The reason you are getting the application not installed error message is that the B&R apk file you downloaded is very likely smaller than what the full file is.  Your file is probably around 2.3MB whereas the full file is around 2.7MB.

Try the other links to the B&R apk file and redownload it. If if it around 2.7MB, you should not have a problem.

Not applicable

You've seriously saved my life!! Dizzy_Face

thank you soooo much Slightly_smiling_Face xx

Not applicable

Thanks for this, you're a life saver Smiling_Face_with_Sunglasses

Not applicable

Can anyone help me?? I used the following link: http://www.mediafire.com/?78bcyp5alpwy0ok. I downloaded and installed the backup and restore app. My problem is that my phone cant pick up my SD card because it is unmounted. When i try to mount it, it says "no SD card inserted" I realy dont know what to do. Please help!!!

gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, did you try removing and inserting SD Card again?

Not applicable

Hi, i did try that. Even inserted my SD card into my friend's blackberry. The blackberry picked up all my files on the SD card. I then inserted her SD card into my phone and it worked. I dont know why my phone wont read my own SD card. So confused right now....

gwhispererz
Champion

Ok, see if this works ....

Factory Data Reset phone and see if phone can read your SD Card. If still can''t, perform Software Repair and try again. Both process will erase phone data completely.

The other option is to copy all files from SD Card to PC/Laptop and reformat SD Card. Then copy files from PC/Laptop to SD Card. Hopefully this works.

Good luck.

Not applicable

Hi, I have the same problem. I have downloaded IO file manager. But how to download the backup & restore app? Where to find it?

gwhispererz
Champion

Hi, the download link is on page 12 of this thread, you won't miss it. Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Please help!!

I have also done a factory reset to try to resolve the problems since the most recent OS upgrade. However, when I try to restore my backup file, it gives me an error that reads "cannot read selected backup file". I have tried uninstalling, turning off, then back on and reinstalling. I have turned off and taken out SD card and put back in and turned back on. I have tried to see if I could restore a previous version, and it seems to want to let me, but I can't figure out how to restore the one I backed up most recently, which is actually the one with all the info I want.

Any help would be so much appreciated! My phone contains all of the important info, contacts, merged 2 schedules, etc. and I am SO lost without this info!!

Thanks so much to anyone who can help!