Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi is not working after updating to ICS

SOLVED
arunkrishna
Visitor

WiFi is not working after updating to ICS

Hi!!!

I'am from india . 2 weeks back I'hv got new xperia U, today i got ICS update,,,Finally!!!! But after updating ,WiFi is not working in my phone. Whenever i tried to turn on ,it keep on displaying "Turning on Wi-Fi".... but nothing works after it!!!:smileyconfused:

Plz help me out..... asap:smileysad:

Thank u

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arnab
Enthusiast

There is a similar thread. A settings reset should solve the issue, if it doesnt, then do a repair using Sony Update Service (SUS).

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Dr_TEJAS
Visitor

im from india and i recently got the ICS update too and im having the exact same problem...looks like a software bug....sony please fix it...i need my wifi

Arnab
Enthusiast

There is a similar thread. A settings reset should solve the issue, if it doesnt, then do a repair using Sony Update Service (SUS).

arunkrishna
Visitor

Hey Arnab thank u . After doing Factory Reset, WiFi is working... Thanks a lot.

rahul_shah
Visitor

hey arnab can u please help me out .

i am using xperia u..

should i uprgrade to ics update for xperia u via pcc and is it buggy ??

i heard that charging just shows the same even if its charged fully...it shows correct only after u restart phone ....is it true ?? can u please mention all bugs as per now... i just do not want to risk my phone to a buggy update.. my firmware version is 6.0.B.1.564 (The most stable Gingerbread)
it will be a pleasure to hear from you soon..

do mention how to factory reset and upgrade via pcc

please do reply Slightly_smiling_Face thank you

Message was edited by: rahul_shah

Rado77
Visitor

Hi Rahul,

"charging just shows the same even if its charged fully...it shows correct only after u restart phone" - that was problem in previous version .184.  ICS has no problem with that.

You are right that .564 version you currently have wass most stable. That's true.

But regarding your question - if you are 100% happy with current .564 version and you are using only standard operations with phone (calling, SMS, video, facebook), don't upgrade. Because here is possibility that ICS will have some bug.

For example my story - I also had .564 version and everything worked perfect. I flashed to ICS manually few days ago (FR ver), but it has a lot of bugs! It was very very slow. So I used SUS and reinstalled ICS by official way. And now this ICS is completely stable! It's working fast and smooth.

So result - if you are happy with your current SW and you don't need "to be cool" with newest SW, stay with your current version.

rahul_shah
Visitor

@rado77 : thanks so much ... that helped ... i just woulnt take much of your time ... just to ask should i officially update it without any hesitations to ics... i want to experience the new graphical user interface.... though i use phone for standard operations but i want to feel the new ics... should i update via sony service center..your words say " And now this ICS is completely stable! It's working fast and smooth "

shall i finally update it ?? or wait for some days ??

"Do check the network signal loss problem after some hours.... does dat symbol shows red cross like the one that happened in .162 update ?? "

keen to hear from u very soon Slightly_smiling_Face
do read my this post and answer all of it as i am very much loving my xperia u and dont want it to misfunction Slightly_frowning_Face

a humble rquest do reply soon thank you so much Slightly_smiling_Face

Arnab
Enthusiast

upgrading via PCC is as simple as connecting the phone to PC via USB. A better way to upgrade is using Sony Update Service (SUS).

There are some bugs in ICS, but they are mostly solved by a settings reset or worst come worst a repair.

Charge is used faster, there seems to be some notification sound problems and some wifi issues. I am not personally facing any issue but these are the common ones in the forum.

Arnab
Enthusiast

really the french one was very very slow? I am using that at the moment with all apps and everything installed and its pretty fast.

Quadrant gives 2800 score which I think is pretty good for this phone.

rahul_shah
Visitor

@arnab does settings menu crash on clicking running apps ???