Join now - be part of our community!

XPERIA S, wifi auto switch-on

SOLVED
Not applicable

XPERIA S, wifi auto switch-on

Hello,

I've a problem with my new XperiaS, the wifi connection automatically switch on without reason and I can't find a way to stay off.

What can i do to make sure that does not turn on without my command?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nabeel
Master

Not the simple go launcher but did you install other apps of go launcher as well ?

try uninstalling them if any....

if not then you may need to reinstall your phone's software...

So wifi switches on frequently ?

after fixed interval of time ?

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Nabeel
Master

Most probably its due to some third party app such as task killer, battery defenders, antivirus etc etc

Go through all such apps , either revise their settings or uninstall them...

If nothing helps, then backup everything on phone and perform a factory data reset Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I've the same apps that i've on my old Nexus S without problem, so i've to uninstall all my apps tryng to find one of that in conflict with something on Xperia version of Android?

I've already done the Factory data reset, but without results.

Nabeel
Master

Uninstall one by one and observe which app makes the difference Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

I will try, but it doesn't make sense imho, there should be some Xperia bug if an app that works on two other phone (Nexus S and GS2) without problem, doesn't work on Xperia S.

Nabeel
Master

See it could be anything..... these are suggestions that could solve the problem, if you want i can link many threads ( i will have to seach) in which it has worked for so many users...

You are he first one one this forum who reported this issue in Xperia S

If it doesn't work for you we will go deeper but first we have to try light things isn't it Winking_Face ?

I didn't say its the only solution buddy  Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Ok, for the moment i've uninstalled my Task Manager, my AV (except for the preinstalled McAfee) and my battery saver, but nothing work...

Could be the Go Launcher?

Nabeel
Master

Not the simple go launcher but did you install other apps of go launcher as well ?

try uninstalling them if any....

if not then you may need to reinstall your phone's software...

So wifi switches on frequently ?

after fixed interval of time ?

Not applicable

Only GoLauncher and GoLocker.

How could I reinstall the phone software anyway?

Not truly frequently, but evry half our/15minutes, not with a precise cicle of switching on.

Nabeel
Master

Okh... restart your mobile and observe it

if still the same then-

Backup everything as it will erase all data on phone ( contacts, sms, apps )

Update/Repair your phone via PCC OR SUS

PCC (PC COMPANION) – Repair your software with this .First do the setup without connecting your mobile to pc.(only connect when you are asked to).

Do it as follow >> PCC > SUPPORT ZONE> SOFTWARE UPDATE> REPAIR SOFTWARE (written with blue)  

PC Companion http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

SUS ( Sony Update Service)  ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

or

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/update-service/

Both the links are same