Join now - be part of our community!

Your TV is no longer connected to the internet, repeatedly

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Your TV is no longer connected to the internet, repeatedly

this comes up every 15-30 mins

all other devices are fine, just the TV. any ideas?

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Try doing a soft reboot of the TV.  Press and hold the power button on the remote control for 6-10 seconds and the TV should reboot.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

tried that 10x, anyway a factory reset sorted, 

this TV is very poor all minor issues that randomly surface seem to kill your data, is there anyway to backup the tv when its in a working state to save all apps and config?

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

well that lasted all of 24 hours, is there a way to backup contents & saved data of tv when its in a working state?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

No, unfortunately there is no way to backup settings and data.  Its a feature that i have been requesting for a while.  Maybe oneday someone will listen...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

well had another attempt at fixing which seems to have worked, assigned a static IP at the rounter end and entered details manually into TV, so looks to be an issue with dhcp in the TV settings. 

profile.country.GB.title
bedroomsonytv

I also have this problem, your reply, which mentions IP and DCHP, this is meaningless to me. 

I have a Sony KD43XE8004BU, I’ve done a factory reset, did not sort it, manual connection to my WI-FI, did not work. Please tell me how to cure this annoying problem. If this cannot be cured the tv will be returned and will purchase another one from an equally reputable company. 

profile.country.GB.title
motorhomer2
New

my sony kdl keeps telling me im no longer on line ,and this happens approx every 20 to 25 mins 

profile.country.GB.title
Helen.Essery
Explorer

I have had the same problem, only had the TV about 4 weeks and it was fine until 2 days ago when it started exhibiting messages saying that  it was and then it was not connected to the internet. I tried a soft reboot with the remote but no use. I have just done a factory reset and so far it seems OK. Fingers crossed, otherwise the TV is going back! 

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

only way i cured this problem was with a wired connection, wireless on these sets is junk